Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jacks Open Cabinet respray

H77y01

Question

Anyone have any idea what colour to use on this machine, or ways to find out?

Just finished sadning back cabinet and made stencils, now ready to paint. Just need to try and colour match.

Appreciate any help!

7 answers to this question

Do you have any of the old paint that you could colour match too?

A few members here have a JO so if you don't have any paint then maybe they can help.

Its a good idea to colour match before you strip it off. Its really hard to match from a small sample and on most colour matching jobs you go for something that wasn't faded, like behind the legs or usually in the back corners etc.

:)Yeah, I did attempt to before I started sanding. I was just hoping someone else had already done this before me, so I could use the same colours as they used, or find a way of finding the original colours somehow.

My best guess is Dulux Red Box or Red Stop, and Dulux Cottontail for the off white, and black well is black.

Thanks for the advice though.

CHeers :)

• Administrators

Keep in mind that as long as you pain the whole cabinet, you are the only one who will ever know the difference. As long as you are not trying to match in bits that are already painted it will look OK. There are threads in forums all over regarding paint matching on various titles. I will be supprised if anyone can actually tell you the equivilant modern colour to use. However you never know with some of these pinball fellas, all sorts of info stored away...

Good luck!

Dave.

I think I'll go with furballx, he is probrably right, as long as I paint the whole cabinet and get the colours close, no-one will ever be able to tell the difference.

Don't worry Narf about the samples, appreciate your support though.

Thanks for all of your feedback.