Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Freight and Transport

State
    Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00
    Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85
    TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retro71 View Post
    Man I just called Cope about getting a game sent from Brisbane to Sydney and here is what I got:

Please find below quotation based on specifications provided;

Transportation $550.00
    Fuel Surcharge @ 13.97% $76.85
    TOTAL (Excluding GST) $626.85

I have attached a copy of our job booking form and our EFT details should you wish to proceed, as discussed earlier we would require payment prior to or at pick up. You can EFT, Visa/Mastercard or Company Cheque.

Quotation does not include insurance.

Thank you and regards,

Wow, I think NOT !!

Be cheaper for me to drive up there and collect it myself (and the game only cost me $400)

Anyone know of anyone else ?
    What about these guys

http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=9634

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The Good Guys (Air Road)!!

Hey guys & gals,
    Just used Air Road for the first time to get a Chase HQ cab from Sydney to Melbourne. Rang on Wednesday and spoke to a really helpful guy called Sam. Handed over the details (dimensions, pickup drop off etc) he crunched the numbers and only cost me $187 no surcharges or fuel levies! Just got confirmation that the item was picked up today at noon (yes! the day after I spoke to them) and is being delivered to me (not depot!!) on Friday. Got email of invoice within 5mins of booking and completely trackable. In short very professional & affordable option for anyone looking at transport from interstate. The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.
    Cheers
    K KNOB!

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Etch71 View Post
    The same machine was going to cost me $450 using RTS.
    Cheers
    Is it because of dimensions?

because RTS quoted these prices for Syd to Melb

Sydney to Melbourne - $200.00, depot to depot cost is $150 yes they might be $13 dollars more but they are a fagile furniture/freight company not a regular dump it anyway it lands freight company. Beware companys which use forks because your pinball/arcade could end up with big holes in it.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)
    I used these guys for the first time recently and they were great:

http://www.smartsend.com.au/

I sent a projection screen which was 2.3m long so Auspost, etc didn't want to know. From Brisbane to Geelong for 30 bux - dims were 230 x 13 x 11cm and 12kg. Printout your labels online, pay online using CC/Paypal/etc.

Guy arrived on time, the ETA to Geelong was spot on and no damage.

For the price I thought they were great. PM me if you want any more info about my experience with them.

Cheers
    LT.

State
    Melbourne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOTR4U View Post
    Is it because of dimensions?

because RTS quoted these prices for Syd to Melb

Sydney to Melbourne - $200.00, depot to depot cost is $150 yes they might be $13 dollars more but they are a fagile furniture/freight company not a regular dump it anyway it lands freight company. Beware companys which use forks because your pinball/arcade could end up with big holes in it.
    Possibly but I'm told they were very careful picking the item up, no forklift used and the drop off is to me so will help them unload it, and believe me I'll be careful. Most people that use a fork are pretty sensible and would lift from the bottom of the item and not the middle, but I'm sure there are some horror stories out there. Not sure about the $200, they quoted me much higher. Anyway, will let you know once I receive it tomorrow. Hopefully it's in one piece!
    K KNOB!

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Just wanted to pipe up with my recent experience - had an Astro City shipped from metro Melbourne to metro Adelaide overnight via Cope (~100kg) - excellent phone service, and only set me back $145, and this included a truck with tail gate to assist with picking up and dropping off the cab. The driver even helped bring it inside and into my family room (which was a real squeeze - the door frame was a few mm too small, so a bit of the old paintwork went on the frame as we dragged it through - was worth it though, and should be a good bit of encourage me to start painting the house {and the cab didn't suffer much at all}!).

Couldn't be happier with the service, especially at such a good price. The machine had additional packing by Cope as well to ensure a safe run interstate. Would definitely use them again.

Top tip though - if you're buying a cab/pin off someone from eBay and having it shipped via Cope, grab a contact name and phone number from them first before booking it in and don't mention that it's an eBay sale, as they apparently shy away from eBay pickups due to a number of issues they've had in the past with them and may refuse the job.

State
    VIC
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    MangledLeg, did you contact Adelaide or Melbourne to organise the freight?

I'm looking at transporting a cab from Newcastle to Melbourne and not sure if I should contact the origin or destination.

The reason I ask is, it looks like there's a substantial difference in experiences and $$$ depending on which COPE location is called?

State
    adelaide
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    just had my challenger pro $250, 3 in 1 pool, air, hockey, table tennis $130 and fussball $60 from sydney(mygamesroom) to adelaide (my house) by allied express. this was arranged by mygamesroom so dont know if price is available to the public.

wouldnt it make sense for aussiearcade to do a deal with a freight company? in exchange for some advertising on just for the fact that for a better price most aa folk will use that carrier. seems to be the perfect time to make this happen considering the co op will be delivering goods to all parts of the country once the container gets here. will cross post aspects of this in co op thread.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henrybulldog View Post
    just had my challenger pro $250, 3 in 1 pool, air, hockey, table tennis $130 and fussball $60 from sydney(mygamesroom) to adelaide (my house) by allied express. this was arranged by mygamesroom so dont know if price is available to the public.

wouldnt it make sense for aussiearcade to do a deal with a freight company? in exchange for some advertising on just for the fact that for a better price most aa folk will use that carrier. seems to be the perfect time to make this happen considering the co op will be delivering goods to all parts of the country once the container gets here. will cross post aspects of this in co op thread.
    http://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php?t=9634

Although they don't do Adelaide i think from memory. Would be nice to have some do whole of AUS.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information