Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Bourbon making my buttons sticky

Shock_And_Awe

Question

Too many piss-heads (me included) spilling their drinks over my control panels have made my Sanwa buttons sticky. Would submersing the buttons and microswitches under water to wash them stuff them up? Any suggestions?

Next question, can anyone recommend somewhere to buy sanwa buttons and microswitches from? I just broke 2 trying to get the microswitches out and I'm not hopeful for the rest either.

Thanks for any help.

Mark.

16 answers to this question

A few deep breaths to hyper-ventilate and then put your mouth over the contol panel and suck that aged Bourbon out of there.:lol:lol (Just thinking of the mental picture). Hate to waste a good Bourbon - It wasn't that Slate stuff was it? Mark;)

A few deep breaths to hyper-ventilate and then put your mouth over the contol panel and suck that aged Bourbon out of there.:lol:lol (Just thinking of the mental picture). Hate to waste a good Bourbon - It wasn't that Slate stuff was it? Mark;)

Ha no not the Slate :lol I think it was Jack D and yes very wasteful.

After an initial clean-up I then flooded the buttons with Windex but it just hasn't done the trick. It was basically a full glass that flooded the control panel and was dripping through all the buttons. Not a pretty sight for blood-shot eyes at 2AM.

All the buttons are very sticky inside so I'm thinking a soak is the only real option - is it an option?

Thanks guys for the tips. I'm not familiar with Isopropyl, where do you buy it? Would you then fully submerse the buttons in it?

Bunnings, in the metho section.

Yeah I'd submerse, then work them a few times till they are moving smooth again, then pull them out and blow them dry. An hour or so in full sun and they'll be ready to go back in