Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Jomacs Universal Chassis

HMM VERY INTERESTING! so even if you have mame, you will still need an arcade vga card to bring down the R.R.

20" is the biggest it can run? any other uni chassis that can say run a arcade 29" screen? I think this one im going to hook up is not going to work... i got it from heighway entertainment site. But the chassis looks like its been underwater or something. and half the parts are rusty looking.

Just waiting on a step down transformer to arive then it will be judgment day for the screen.

Idont know much about the screen even, i cant find jach all info on it.

Its a TOEI TC-L292 chassis and screen.

can anyone help me? lol:o

HMM VERY INTERESTING! so even if you have mame, you will still need an arcade vga card to bring down the R.R.

20" is the biggest it can run? any other uni chassis that can say run a arcade 29" screen? I think this one im going to hook up is not going to work... i got it from heighway entertainment site. But the chassis looks like its been underwater or something. and half the parts are rusty looking.

Just waiting on a step down transformer to arive then it will be judgment day for the screen.

Idont know much about the screen even, i cant find jach all info on it.

Its a TOEI TC-L292 chassis and screen.

can anyone help me? lol:o

I have universal chassis to suit screens up to 38" Dual Resolution 15/25Khz , The monitor you have in Japanese , it's about 14 years old and is also dual resolution , very nice when they are working but virtually not repairable when they fail. That model used a Hybrid Vertical Amplifier that has never been available as a spare part so when it fails it's history ( this is the most common fault on these ).

If the chassis fails there is a replacement but not the same Sharp Image chassis used on TV tubes.

Toei is an OEM name , like Nanao , Hitachi , Toshiba monitors used in arcade games they were only ever supplied to game manufacturers , they were never sold separately so parts / services etc have never been an option.

Your monitor would have been removed from a dedicated game at some stage.

I have universal chassis to suit screens up to 38" Dual Resolution 15/25Khz , The monitor you have in Japanese , it's about 14 years old and is also dual resolution , very nice when they are working but virtually not repairable when they fail. That model used a Hybrid Vertical Amplifier that has never been available as a spare part so when it fails it's history ( this is the most common fault on these ).

If the chassis fails there is a replacement but not the same Sharp Image chassis used on TV tubes.

Toei is an OEM name , like Nanao , Hitachi , Toshiba monitors used in arcade games they were only ever supplied to game manufacturers , they were never sold separately so parts / services etc have never been an option.

Your monitor would have been removed from a dedicated game at some stage.

Thats very good info you have found me mate. HmMMM My step down transformer is on its way now so i wont hold my breath seeing if it works!

The strange thing about this chassis is it doesnt have the normal RGB wires. it has this other little board and a vga plug like on a computer.

I have a arcade VGA card from chris at ozstick. that will push out 15khz with the other plug with snk, earth , R,G,B SOOOOOO If the chassis is F*Cked can one of the universal chassis fix my problem?

Thats very good info you have found me mate. HmMMM My step down transformer is on its way now so i wont hold my breath seeing if it works!

The strange thing about this chassis is it doesnt have the normal RGB wires. it has this other little board and a vga plug like on a computer.

I have a arcade VGA card from chris at ozstick. that will push out 15khz with the other plug with snk, earth , R,G,B SOOOOOO If the chassis is F*Cked can one of the universal chassis fix my problem?

Yeah a lot of those chassis had the DSUB15 converter to RGB not really necessary but real handy for connecting to ArcadeVga directly.

I do have a replacement chassis , it's not the normal type because these tubes have very low yoke readings .

Ok.. lol Well i got the stepdown transformer and WOW The screen DOESNT WORK.

I bloody knew it wouldnt, bloody pissed as hell. Im going to pull that chassis off and have a look . Also got in touch with the guys who sold it to me. They better do something about it. GRRRR

Nothing happens at all... no humming like its going to start or anything:091:

IM SO PISSED. HEEELLLLPP MEEEEEEE

• 6 months later...
Just receiv 2 Joey's Universal Chassis for my 2 Capcom cute. It's even better as i have imagine, same quality as the old Nanao one, but with new bright, color, focus and what faclity to plug-in... I just have to say really thank you Joey. Edited by manimani

Just receiv 2 Joey's Universal Chassis for my 2 Capcom cute. It's even better as i have imagine, same quality as the old Nanao one, but with new bright, color, focus and what faclity to plug-in... I just have to say really thank you Joey.

Most guys wont realize you are actually in France , Welcome to Aussie Arcade ! and fantastic news that you are so happy with the results

These chassis were setup to replace Sega/Nanao MC2000 type monitors , it was bit of a challenge to get these perfect first time , the tubes are an unusual 10 pin configuration with a Low Impedance H Yoke but High Impedance Vertical windings , so they required a Pin Cushion Correction Mod and a Flyback with a lower than normal 22Kv focus voltage .(they are quite common in France and Italy) .

This brings the number of universal chassis types I do to 28 , technically there is no such thing as a universal chassis for everything , but the term universal makes it easy for people to understand :)

G'day Joey.

Looking to get myself a decent tube for my Lai 26" upright and add on eof your chassis.

I have been hunting around the streets at the moment as it is hard rubbish in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately I cannot find a 66cm.

Anyway I saw this on ebay and was wondering if it would be worth a punt?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290389804222&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D290389804222%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I have a 21" vga monitor that I could use, but the thing looks like it would swim in that space.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Edited by what_the
edited link

Yes I too have recieved one of Joeys duel res chassis to suit my 29" TV tube .

As im no techy a quick phone call and joey had me up and going .

Very pleased with the result and the service .

:D

G'day Joey.

Looking to get myself a decent tube for my Lai 26" upright and add on eof your chassis.

I have been hunting around the streets at the moment as it is hard rubbish in my neck of the woods. Unfortunately I cannot find a 66cm.

Anyway I saw this on ebay and was wondering if it would be worth a punt?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290389804222&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com.au%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D290389804222%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I have a 21" vga monitor that I could use, but the thing looks like it would swim in that space.

Please let me know your thoughts.

What we refer to as 26" is a 63cm tube , 66cm is a 28" and 68cm is a 29" , a 66cm tube will fit in most cabs that had a 63cm but it takes some work !

The 66cm Sharp TV is a great donor but they are fairly hard to come by so if you have room for it , this is will look awesome . , It should have a Toshiba Tube in it.

No problems setting up a chassis to suit :)

• 3 weeks later...

Joey, this is following from my other thread on tubes/chassis', just wanted advice on a fresh tube -

My folks have a ~10 year old Teac 68cm TV that I was thinking of using in swapping my existing Samsung monitor, but am not sure it's worth doing it if the tube's not worth the effort? Maybe it's worth looking for a Sharp or Toshiba TV in the next hard rubbish? What do you think?

Joey, this is following from my other thread on tubes/chassis', just wanted advice on a fresh tube -

My folks have a ~10 year old Teac 68cm TV that I was thinking of using in swapping my existing Samsung monitor, but am not sure it's worth doing it if the tube's not worth the effort? Maybe it's worth looking for a Sharp or Toshiba TV in the next hard rubbish? What do you think?

You will probably find the Teac has a Samsung tube in it , it will be an "A" grade tube

like all TV tubes , so sure well worth the effort :)

You could wait for another type as you mention but the results will most likely end up exactly the same .

Buy the folks a new 55" LED LCD and pinch their Teac :)

You will probably find the Teac has a Samsung tube in it , it will be an "A" grade tube

like all TV tubes , so sure well worth the effort :)

You could wait for another type as you mention but the results will most likely end up exactly the same .

Buy the folks a new 55" LED LCD and pinch their Teac :)

Cool, I'll take it off their hands then. It's just a spare they have in one of the back rooms that never get used, Dad grabbed it from a friend of my aunt's who was getting rid of old TVs :) It's got a nice curve on it, so should be a great replacement.

I'll get in touch when I'm ready to roll Joey to get a chassis sorted for it. I'm thinking of actually rewiring my cab and throwing out the existing PSUs and putting in a decent 20A supply to deal with Model 2/3/Naomi stuff without even remotely breaking a sweat. For my info, does it stuff things up if I run the chassis off 110v and the game's PSU off 240v? I'm thinking of moving everything to running off the transformer when I rewire (or vice versa, will have to replace the fluro in the header to 240v and get a good 20A PSU that'll roll with 240v) and have it all running off the same wiring.

The cab's currently got 240v running to the PSU, and the fluro and chassis are running off the 100v transformer, as that's what it was doing when I bought it. Any recommendations on the video side of things with what I should do when I rewire it Joey - keep it as-is, or try and consolidate?

The cab's currently got 240v running to the PSU, and the fluro and chassis are running off the 100v transformer, as that's what it was doing when I bought it. Any recommendations on the video side of things with what I should do when I rewire it Joey - keep it as-is, or try and consolidate?

Your options are open , the chassis will be ok with either 110 or 240 so really what ever is easiest for you :)

The color wiring is very straight forward so I don't think you will need to much at all , the chassis comes with the new cable so maybe wait until you see that.

Cool, I thought I read somewhere that someone recommended against having the PSU running on 240v and the chassis running on 110v and that you can get video noise/problems because of the different currents and frequencies as a result. Will see how I go when I rewire the sucker and how ambitious I get :) Thanks for your help Joey, won't have the funds until next month or April in all likelihood, but will get in touch as soon as practical :) BTW, with TV tubes, do they have the handy wires coming off the tube and onto that connector, like you see with most arcade monitors (the one you use to measure the readings of the tube)? Just thought I'd ask in case I'm going to need to do some soldering when the time comes :)

... oh, and another (sorry!), will I be able to use the degaussing coil on the existing tube, or do I need to get a fresh one?

Thanks mate :)

the yoke wires are generally the same mate ive only had 2 tubes different. just a matter of cutting them off and wacking on the one joey sends

also same deal the deguass coil. most times i just extend the wires if needs be depending on the chassis location

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Have any of these been used on a Pinball 2000 setup witha ducksan monitor. If so how long does it take to install and can it be installed with the crt left in the machine. Reason for asking is I have now experience with crt's at all and I may getsomeone out to do it for me. My current monitor is lossing red and I think the contrast is at max and I'd like to improve the picture. Will this solve these problems? thanks

Have any of these been used on a Pinball 2000 setup witha ducksan monitor. If so how long does it take to install and can it be installed with the crt left in the machine. Reason for asking is I have now experience with crt's at all and I may getsomeone out to do it for me. My current monitor is lossing red and I think the contrast is at max and I'd like to improve the picture. Will this solve these problems? thanks

Have been doing a lot of Pin 2000 monitors lately but pretty sure all have been for the Well Gardner replacements using the Samsung tube , they have all come up fantastic .

Are you able to check what sort of tube yours has and also measure the resistance of the Horizontal and Vertical coils ? if you need some assistance give me a call or PM and I'll guide you through it's very simple .

Edited by Jomac