Thread: Jomacs Universal Chassis

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MangledLeg View Post
    The cab's currently got 240v running to the PSU, and the fluro and chassis are running off the 100v transformer, as that's what it was doing when I bought it. Any recommendations on the video side of things with what I should do when I rewire it Joey - keep it as-is, or try and consolidate?
    Your options are open , the chassis will be ok with either 110 or 240 so really what ever is easiest for you
    The color wiring is very straight forward so I don't think you will need to much at all , the chassis comes with the new cable so maybe wait until you see that.

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Cool, I thought I read somewhere that someone recommended against having the PSU running on 240v and the chassis running on 110v and that you can get video noise/problems because of the different currents and frequencies as a result. Will see how I go when I rewire the sucker and how ambitious I get Thanks for your help Joey, won't have the funds until next month or April in all likelihood, but will get in touch as soon as practical BTW, with TV tubes, do they have the handy wires coming off the tube and onto that connector, like you see with most arcade monitors (the one you use to measure the readings of the tube)? Just thought I'd ask in case I'm going to need to do some soldering when the time comes

... oh, and another (sorry!), will I be able to use the degaussing coil on the existing tube, or do I need to get a fresh one?

Thanks mate
    Retro Otaku - my nerdy gaming blog...

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1204 Post(s)
    the yoke wires are generally the same mate ive only had 2 tubes different. just a matter of cutting them off and wacking on the one joey sends

also same deal the deguass coil. most times i just extend the wires if needs be depending on the chassis location
    you can always expect change in life..except from vending machines

State
    SA
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Cool, thanks for that narf! Will have to start putting some moolah aside for this and a new, powerful PSU and re-wire my cab
    Retro Otaku - my nerdy gaming blog...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hi Joey, i send you another mail for a new order from France

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    Have any of these been used on a Pinball 2000 setup witha ducksan monitor. If so how long does it take to install and can it be installed with the crt left in the machine. Reason for asking is I have now experience with crt's at all and I may getsomeone out to do it for me. My current monitor is lossing red and I think the contrast is at max and I'd like to improve the picture. Will this solve these problems? thanks

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    Have any of these been used on a Pinball 2000 setup witha ducksan monitor. If so how long does it take to install and can it be installed with the crt left in the machine. Reason for asking is I have now experience with crt's at all and I may getsomeone out to do it for me. My current monitor is lossing red and I think the contrast is at max and I'd like to improve the picture. Will this solve these problems? thanks
    Have been doing a lot of Pin 2000 monitors lately but pretty sure all have been for the Well Gardner replacements using the Samsung tube , they have all come up fantastic .
    Are you able to check what sort of tube yours has and also measure the resistance of the Horizontal and Vertical coils ? if you need some assistance give me a call or PM and I'll guide you through it's very simple .
    Last edited by Jomac; 26th August 2012 at 04:06 AM.

State
    victoria
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Quoted
    949 Post(s)
    Sorry for the slow reply, I will have a look this weekend if the wife doesn't take up my days. Thanks for the reply

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information