Thread: Jomacs Universal Chassis

State
    Adelaide, Australia
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    79 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elvis View Post
    End result was brilliant. I need to take some hi-res shots of the setup and post it here once the gameroom is complete.
    Yes..!!! I'd LOVE to see the results and hear you opinions/mini-review..

Hoops

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Hey
    Ordered my universal monitor chassis from Jomac on Friday and was here Monday, not bad considering it came from WA to TAS ( Wake up Aust Post) .
    So had to jump in and finish wiring the cabinet. Decided to stick with the harness that I had for the game which is the tehkan harness for the game Bombjack
    First power on picture was distorted and inverted (like a negative) which proved to be the Sync from the PCB (weak solder joint)
    then just adjusted the flyback for focus and picture brightness and I had "beautiful" scanlines

The thing I have noticed is the discolouration/faded section which appeared on the right hand side and more near the bottom part it looks like when you have a speaker close by . ( my speaker is located above the monitor in the marquee). I am sure this is not a problem due to the chassis but some sort of interference but can't work out why?

Must say I am very happy with the Chassis and was suprised the old monitor I had kicking around ( yes it's probally been knocked around) worked , absolutely stoked but this interference thing on the colours gets me. Is it because of bad grounding?
    (had some colour weirdness in the top half of the screen but put this down to pcb)

Well here's a pic ( thanks Prof for the Marquee)

Edit : forgot to add the picture on the screen sometimes hula hoops or shimmers then stays fine then wobbles like a big girl on the dance floor, sometimes it's stable then shakes like a rattlesnake???
    Last edited by DKong; 18th April 2007 at 05:26 PM.

State
    Hobart
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Hey DKong,
    Does the discolouration make the blue look a bit purple? From here it looks like the screen needs a degauss with a degauss wand.

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxbury View Post
    Hey DKong,
    Does the discolouration make the blue look a bit purple? From here it looks like the screen needs a degauss with a degauss wand.
    Sounds right the colours look really washed out on that part of the monitor..don't know what affected it..looking into it now. ( the weird thing was it started in the left hand (small) top corner then changed to the whole lower right hand side (big) section

State
    Hobart
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    91 Post(s)
    Yeah, when the screen is exposed to magnetic fields it does that, magnetising the screen. If your monitor has a degaussing coil, it may remove that when switched on from a cold start. If that doen't work, you can use a degaussing wand. You can use other methods instead of a degauss wand, but for the price of a degauss wand like this one on ebay I find it easier and cheap enough to buy. This will do the job for the home user. I have one of these and it works fine. I bought mine from a different seller overseas, cost me about $20 all up inc postage. Don't try to outbid anyone, there are plenty of these cheap ones available if you search.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    HMM VERY INTERESTING! so even if you have mame, you will still need an arcade vga card to bring down the R.R.

20" is the biggest it can run? any other uni chassis that can say run a arcade 29" screen? I think this one im going to hook up is not going to work... i got it from heighway entertainment site. But the chassis looks like its been underwater or something. and half the parts are rusty looking.

Just waiting on a step down transformer to arive then it will be judgment day for the screen.

Idont know much about the screen even, i cant find jach all info on it.
    Its a TOEI TC-L292 chassis and screen.

can anyone help me? lol

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post
    HMM VERY INTERESTING! so even if you have mame, you will still need an arcade vga card to bring down the R.R.

20" is the biggest it can run? any other uni chassis that can say run a arcade 29" screen? I think this one im going to hook up is not going to work... i got it from heighway entertainment site. But the chassis looks like its been underwater or something. and half the parts are rusty looking.

Just waiting on a step down transformer to arive then it will be judgment day for the screen.

Idont know much about the screen even, i cant find jach all info on it.
    Its a TOEI TC-L292 chassis and screen.

can anyone help me? lol
    I have universal chassis to suit screens up to 38" Dual Resolution 15/25Khz , The monitor you have in Japanese , it's about 14 years old and is also dual resolution , very nice when they are working but virtually not repairable when they fail. That model used a Hybrid Vertical Amplifier that has never been available as a spare part so when it fails it's history ( this is the most common fault on these ).
    If the chassis fails there is a replacement but not the same Sharp Image chassis used on TV tubes.

Toei is an OEM name , like Nanao , Hitachi , Toshiba monitors used in arcade games they were only ever supplied to game manufacturers , they were never sold separately so parts / services etc have never been an option.
    Your monitor would have been removed from a dedicated game at some stage.

State
    QLD
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomac View Post
    I have universal chassis to suit screens up to 38" Dual Resolution 15/25Khz , The monitor you have in Japanese , it's about 14 years old and is also dual resolution , very nice when they are working but virtually not repairable when they fail. That model used a Hybrid Vertical Amplifier that has never been available as a spare part so when it fails it's history ( this is the most common fault on these ).
    If the chassis fails there is a replacement but not the same Sharp Image chassis used on TV tubes.

Toei is an OEM name , like Nanao , Hitachi , Toshiba monitors used in arcade games they were only ever supplied to game manufacturers , they were never sold separately so parts / services etc have never been an option.
    Your monitor would have been removed from a dedicated game at some stage.
    Thats very good info you have found me mate. HmMMM My step down transformer is on its way now so i wont hold my breath seeing if it works!
    The strange thing about this chassis is it doesnt have the normal RGB wires. it has this other little board and a vga plug like on a computer.

I have a arcade VGA card from chris at ozstick. that will push out 15khz with the other plug with snk, earth , R,G,B SOOOOOO If the chassis is F*Cked can one of the universal chassis fix my problem?

State
    Perth WA
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kezza View Post
    Thats very good info you have found me mate. HmMMM My step down transformer is on its way now so i wont hold my breath seeing if it works!
    The strange thing about this chassis is it doesnt have the normal RGB wires. it has this other little board and a vga plug like on a computer.

I have a arcade VGA card from chris at ozstick. that will push out 15khz with the other plug with snk, earth , R,G,B SOOOOOO If the chassis is F*Cked can one of the universal chassis fix my problem?
    Yeah a lot of those chassis had the DSUB15 converter to RGB not really necessary but real handy for connecting to ArcadeVga directly.
    I do have a replacement chassis , it's not the normal type because these tubes have very low yoke readings .

State
    Launceston, Tas
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quoted
    477 Post(s)
    Joey strikes again, love a good Jomac thread, always has a good end said it a million times Jomac is our man!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information