Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Need help with macbook pro plz

CampKrusty

Hi everyone...Haven't been here for ahile but im in a real confusing state. I have a macbook pro 2.16ghz....I have had this lappy for 12 months with the same camera and no problems. Now the laptop wont reconize my camera. I rang the apple store and they don't know either (strange that)...So i have tried everything (well not much as im not computer geek) but thought i would try here as you guys seem to be the smart (and good blokes) and seem to be able to work out any problem from what i have seen on this forum. Please help me someone as im really hurtin and need to get my photo's happening again asap. I even tried another camera so it's not the camers (99% sure).:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure:unsure

Cheers Tonz AKA Crusty:cool:

OK so slow and methodical:

- So your camera is not detected when connected to your Mac?

- I assume them that your camera is connecting via a USB cable?

- Have you tried other USB peripherals on the Mac to make sure the USB ports are working?

- Have you tried to connect the camera to another computer to make sure it's USB connection is working?

These are a few bits of information that will help.

Cheers

Jacob

OK so slow and methodical:

- So your camera is not detected when connected to your Mac?

- I assume them that your camera is connecting via a USB cable?

- Have you tried other USB peripherals on the Mac to make sure the USB ports are working?

- Have you tried to connect the camera to another computer to make sure it's USB connection is working?

These are a few bits of information that will help.

Cheers

Jacob

Those were the first things i tried several times. The camera worked on my pc lappy...

Tried a lightfan on the usb....Im really stressin and the apple store charges $75 a look plus what ever they want to fix.

Those were the first things i tried several times. The camera worked on my pc lappy...

Tried a lightfan on the usb....Im really stressin and the apple store charges $75 a look plus what ever they want to fix.

A lightfan isn't really "testing USB" - only the power rail (not data).

Is there another USB device you can test in the Mac? A portable hard disk, pen drive, another camera, etc?

A lightfan isn't really "testing USB" - only the power rail (not data).

Is there another USB device you can test in the Mac? A portable hard disk, pen drive, another camera, etc?

Yes i tried another camera but it wouldn't read it as well...Im so stumped :unsure

Could it be the USB port?

It could be... but really I'd hate to say either way with an online diagnosis...

Have you tried all the USB sockets (I'm sure you have)

To save you some $$$ you could try to re-install OSX to rule out any software glitches that may be the culprit.

All else fails, you need to get it to someone who can help. I take it you don't have an applecare warranty?

Cheers

Jacob

Yes i tried another camera but it wouldn't read it as well...Im so stumped :unsure

Could it be the USB port?

Once again, you're going to need to do more testing. Nobody here is "computer psychic". :)

Try several different devices in all available ports (USB pendrives, USB mouse, USB keyboard, etc). You need to determine if it's USB connectivity in general, or just your iPhoto software that's buggered up.

Well looks like nobody knows so i went and brought a card reader for $15 (bloody cheap) and this has sorted me out. O well, some things u gotta figure out on your own. :badgrin

It could be... but really I'd hate to say either way with an online diagnosis...

Have you tried all the USB sockets (I'm sure you have)

To save you some $$$ you could try to re-install OSX to rule out any software glitches that may be the culprit.

All else fails, you need to get it to someone who can help. I take it you don't have an applecare warranty?

Cheers

Jacob

Yep reinstalled did nothin new after and no apple warranty....Missed it by 2 days...:cry

Well looks like nobody knows so i went and brought a card reader for $15 (bloody cheap) and this has sorted me out. O well, some things u gotta figure out on your own. :badgrin

Yep reinstalled did nothin new after and no apple warranty....Missed it by 2 days...:cry

so the card reader works in the same USB socket?

Very unusual.

BTW, if the warranty is out by 2 days or even 2 weeks, I'd still take it in and try it. Not many manufacturers are that damn nasty about it...