Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

How do you get your score in the M.G.L?

How do you get your score in the M.G.L?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. How do you get your score in the M.G.L?

• What is this MAME? I use the original board and make wood carvings of my high scores
    • Dedicated MAME arcade cabinet
    • PC with the keyboard
    • PC with a gamepad
    • PC with an arcade joystick
    • Console with a gamepad
    • Console with an arcade joystick
    • PDA
    • Mobile phone
    • Egg timer

• Super Moderator

I was wondering about this. I'm stuck using the keyboard on the PC, and it's a cordless one at that. Sometimes I think there's a bit of delay using the cordless keyboards or it could be that my reflexes are shot!

Worst thing is I hate using my left hand for firing, right for steering. I tried re assigning the keys, but the result was like driving a European car, wipers on instead of the indictor!

Foot

I use mainly my Arcade Controller from OzStick or a USB gamepad. My cab sits in the corner covered up. I should use it more lol

I need the newer modern JPAC as I have one of the first JPACS, (the one without video amp). I also need to redo my mame/pc hardware. I have that many mame ready pc's it's not funny. It's just getting time to do it.

Setup :

Dedicated MKII 26" Horizontal monitor (Vertical games look ok with a monitor this size) with a custom control panel I built which can be swapped back in minutes.

J-pac with the original board still in cab. 1.6GHZ mobo 512mb ram with AVGA..(Sits under the pinball next to the cab. Easy access plus out of sight).

Sound is supplied by a set of Logitech PC speakers which just sit on the ground either side with the subwoofer inside the cab.

Software :

Windows XP, Mamewah with about a dozen emulators..Favourites being Mame and Zinc and Itunes for use as a jukebox.Plays DVD's well too. I try to play games in their native resolution or as close to fit on the screen as HWstretch makes it look a bit blurry. Most games look excellant!

I have had this setup for about 3- 4 years now and am always tweaking oradding to it!

It's not really a dedicated MAME cabinet as I can change it back to a dedicated MKII in about half an hour.

You really can't beat a real arcade CP IMO...Unless your Berty..

Edit.Using commandline MAME 1.03 ( I think ) with that romset.

DKong, that's more powerful than my main PC rig :P

I use a softmodded xbox with the japanese s-controller, original 64MB RAM and MAMEdOx which is based on the MAME 0.82 code (this is the most recent version available for xbox as after 0.82 the way the controls are handled changed and nobody has ported the new code yet).

I bought it specifically for emulator's. It's an AMD mobo (cheap but great for Mame).I think it cost me about $500-600 with the ram, DVD drive and case...about the price of an X-box or PS2 at the same time 2002 ?

but then there was the J-Pac $100+ , and AVGA card $180??

so it's more a $1000..

Multi-expandable-emulator-entertainment system...

I would do it again...

I have never played MAMEdOx on an x-box but the screenshots on other web pages look good. Started to notice the X-box is dropping a bit in price would be good to get a modded one and have a play with it..

Oh yeah main Computer Imac G3..Tiger OS. (not recommended for games)

Started to notice the X-box is dropping a bit in price would be good to get a modded one and have a play with it..

For sure, I love my xbox and don't know how I survived without it :D

I got it for free as a gift and softmodded it myself, only cost to do this was for the replacement hard drive (200GB, cost about $135) and a few hours of my time.

I now use it with xbox media centre (THE best homebrew program for xbox EVER) as my dashboard for watching movies (uses the mplayer codecs, so supports all the video formats mplayer does, including divx's, xvid, wmv, mpeg-1/2 etc), listening to music (audio cd's, mp3's, ogg's etc), playing xbox games straight off of the hard drive (no need to swap discs all the time and quicker loading times), playing emulated games on systems such a n64, master system, snes, mega drive, mame (can get loads of other emulators for it too, including playstation).

It's just all around awesomeness and since the relase of the xbox360 you can probably get one new for about the same price as a midrange dvd player or used for like $50