Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

'Mature' images in the snaps directory.

I like to use the 'snaps' directory of mame for the Windows XP screensaver, so pictures of various games flick up in a slideshow.

Unfortunately even though I've filtered my game list, the snaps directory still has all of the 'mature' game snaps in it, which isn't very appropriate for the kids or guests.

Does anybody know of any nifty ways to delete (or move) the mature images, or otherwise does anybody have a collection 'clean' arcade snapshots suitable for a screensaver slideshow?

Thanks Elvis,

However unless I'm mistaken that just moves/deletes roms, not the snaps. I don't necessarily care if the roms are on the hdd (as they're hidden from the front end menu) but the slideshow screensaver has no such filtering when using the 'snaps' directory... hence its the snaps I want to clean up.

In the absence of an easy answer I did it myself:

1) I created a text delimited list of all of the ROMS with their category.

2) I then imported it into excel using a custom delimiter, then filtered the rows to only show 'mature' rom titles.

3) I exported this into a text file and made it into a batch file which basically repeats:

move <romname>.* %1

for every mature title.

The fact that snaps use the same name as their roms allows me to put the wildcard on the file extention.

Simply place this batch file in either your ROMS or your SNAPS directory (depending which ones you want to move), then type:

movemature <full path of destination directory>

As always a backup is recommended, however this moves (not deletes) so its relatively harmless.