Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

DO NOT buy Plastics from this guy!

ktm450

A little warning for people looking to buy plastics from BC amusements...

Purchased a pair of slingshot plastics for my Whitewater from a guy adversiting on Mr Pinballs free classifieds. His name is BC Amusements. He advertised a whole heap of plastics for different machines. I figured they must be NOS as he did not mention they were repros, silly mistake.

I recieved the package a couple of months ago and opened it, what was inside were the most shitty reproduction plastics I have ever seen. No effort was even made to get the colour close to original, the repros were just a thin decal stuck to the back of some thin clear plastic. Is looked like he had just scanned the design to the computer and not cleaned up the edges, no smooth lines just complete shit.

showphoto.php?photo=669

http://vsmr.net/albums/non-motard/RIMG0758b.jpg

To say I was a little pissed off is an understatement. I emailed him a couple of times and eventually he got back to me. To cut a long story short I eventually recieved a refund from him.

I ended up purchacing a pair of repros that were done a few years back by IPB from another guy on Mr Pinballs free classifieds named PJ Pinball, and recieved a much better product.

Edited by ktm450

Report them to williams :x some of these repos give the manufacture a bad name and they won't like that.

I thought I would, but was waiting for a refund before I created a shit fight.

Edited by ktm450

I really should have looked into it further before purchasing, but they weren't advertised as repros so I didn't really think give it a second thought. I have talked to a few guys that have been scammed like this before.

I really should have looked into it further before purchasing, but they weren't advertised as repros so I didn't really think give it a second thought. I have talked to a few guys that have been scammed like this before.

Don't worry alot of us would have assumed the same thing because were good honest folk but unfortunatley there are people like this out there that take advantage! :x

Thought we werent allowed to use names?:unsure

Yeah, but these people don't live in our country, and are trying to root inocent collectors up the arse. It is simply a warning so others don't get screwed.

Yeah, but these people don't live in our country, and are trying to root inocent collectors up the arse. It is simply a warning so others don't get screwed.

Still get to call a turd a turd.*

There is no way you could pass those off as originals.

The artwork is not even aligned properly on the plastics!

Selling these without notifying anyone they are repros is the absolute pits... let alone selling unauthorised repros in the first place. I wonder if these ones orginated in Brazil?

* I have no problems with repros in general. Authorised ones are the lifeblood of our aging machines. Home-made are a good option when there are no alternatives, but never to be sold!

Shennanigans, plain and simple. Get your refund and report it. Hard for anything to happen I guess, but at least people here know to avoid that seller...

Still get to call a turd a turd.*

There is no way you could pass those off as originals.

The artwork is not even aligned properly on the plastics!

Selling these without notifying anyone they are repros is the absolute pits... let alone selling unauthorised repros in the first place. I wonder if these ones orginated in Brazil?

These came from the US, but who knows what shitty operator made them.

I have no problems with repros in general. Authorised ones are the lifeblood of our aging machines. Home-made are a good option when there are no alternatives, but never to be sold!

Totally agreed

Shennanigans, plain and simple. Get your refund and report it. Hard for anything to happen I guess, but at least people here know to avoid that seller...

Luckly I got my refund, and took some hi-res photos before I sent back for 'evidence';)

Phew, almost bought the same plastics from this guy last week but the colour didn't look right and I went with PJ instead. The bride said they arrived in the mail today. Will advise if they are good or bad once I have seen them.

Phew, almost bought the same plastics from this guy last week but the colour didn't look right and I went with PJ instead. The bride said they arrived in the mail today. Will advise if they are good or bad once I have seen them.

PJs are good. Sounds like you were lucky, at least you got a few pics from BC before purchasing.

Still better than going the texta

Unfortunately not. I could not bring myself to look at shit every time I played it. At least if I did it with a texta the colour would match and the lines would be straight.

before you get all excited you should be aware that there are seemingly 2 variations to the production of white water, later machines use a much darker colour blue on slings and around artwork for lower half of playfield, the earlier machines have a much lighter blue.

mine is darker and i actually prefer it when i see other earlier models.

just to clarify...

ps your repros look like mine and mine are the originals (no doubt)

regards

before you get all excited you should be aware that there are seemingly 2 variations to the production of white water, later machines use a much darker colour blue on slings and around artwork for lower half of playfield, the earlier machines have a much lighter blue.

just to clarify...

regards

"the repros were just a thin decal stuck to the back of some thin clear plastic. Is looked like he had just scanned the design to the computer and not cleaned up the edges, no smooth lines just complete shit."

I dunno Nuggy, by the sounds of the above description they don't sound too original.

Has TPF or IPB made Whitewater Plastics? :unsure

i didnt say they were original ryan, i said that 2 colour schemes were used, and this appeared to be the latter darker blue.

clarity ?

sorry, I thought you were saying that just because the colours are different doesn't mean there repo's because your original is that colour as well :unsure hence "don't get too excited"

just to clarify...

regards

Hi Nuggy,

I understand the colour variation if that is the case, but these were obviously made on a computer, as I said no effort was made to clean up any lines, the white 'splashes' were not even the same, the text they used for the williams part number were different on each sling and neither was the same font as the originals, and worst of all, the were not even screen printed onto the plastic, just a dodgy decal, which you could clearly see the edges of through from the top of the plastic.

TOTAL SHIT!!!:turd

I would never install such crappy repros onto any game I ever owned, I would be much happier to leave cracked originals

BTW if anyone is interested I am more than happy to email the hi-res shot