Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball Lives Again

I have been playing pinball machines now for 40 years. During the pinball boom in the early 90's , I was selling and repairing them. Then during the late 90's, nobody played or wanted them.

Now to the present day, I'm seeing a great sign. Everybody is wanting to play and own pinball machines.

The present buyers and owners of pinballs, are now putting in, never before seen , time, effort and hard earned money to restore their machines to an as new condition or as close as possible.

All you pinball owners out there, you are all doing a great job, we are all seeing the pictures and reading about the many adventures while restoring these machines.

There is nothing better then the feeling of seeing an average machine converted into a work of art.

IT MAKES US ALL FEEL PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS GREAT PINBALL COMMUNITY. ALSO THE WAY WE ALL TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FELLOW PINBALL OWNERS.

LOVE LIVE PINBALL. from a born again old pinball fellow.

Nice.. "lighting up the darkness in the pinball community"

How refreshing to read that. Just can't beat restoring a machine to almost new in my book. When I read those lines I though.....were back baby!!!:lol

I have been playing pinball machines now for 40 years. During the pinball boom in the early 90's , I was selling and repairing them. Then during the late 90's, nobody played or wanted them.

Now to the present day, I'm seeing a great sign. Everybody is wanting to play and own pinball machines.

The present buyers and owners of pinballs, are now putting in, never before seen , time, effort and hard earned money to restore their machines to an as new condition or as close as possible.

All you pinball owners out there, you are all doing a great job, we are all seeing the pictures and reading about the many adventures while restoring these machines.

There is nothing better then the feeling of seeing an average machine converted into a work of art.

IT MAKES US ALL FEEL PROUD TO BE PART OF THIS GREAT PINBALL COMMUNITY. ALSO THE WAY WE ALL TRY TO HELP EACH OTHER OUT.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK FELLOW PINBALL OWNERS.

LOVE LIVE PINBALL. from a born again old pinball fellow.

Well said Tony!!

Thats the Best thing I've read in a long while.

As a fellow Pinhead said to me once " Thanks for keeping the dream alive"

Thanks for posting.

Steve.

Ps: sounds like its a good time for a group hug.:)

Good positive insight Tony and I believe you're on the mark as a lot the younger generation are starting to appreciate these works of art and the time and effort that's required to bring a machine back to life for the fun to be had with them so the least we can do is educate them.My2cW

Well said Tony. I too remember the days when no one was interested in Pinball. I remember doing service calls on pinballs when they were only $200 to purchase and seeing them left out rusting in sheds and even outside. I would never have believed people could be so passionate about their machines and the way they are done up now is just fantastic. Many look better than new and are a credit to the owners.

Every one now that goes into a home is another one saved and well looked after.:)

Yes TOTALLY AGREE......Well done Tony!!!

I think we all realise that pinballs that are in excellent condition and well looked after are getting harder and harder to find and i know yourself and other pinball traders out there in oz land are continuing the dream for us so a big high five for you all by keeping the dream alive.

As Pinball enthusiasts having pins at home and getting them back to there original glory is the best part in my opinion of adopting these great things into our home and showing RESPECT to what we grew up with and enjoyed everday at our local arcade centres,milk bars etc.

Gee i remember being 12 and playing Gottliebs Genie & Roller Disco for hours and hours day by day saying to my mates dont laugh but when i am older i will buy and own these 2 machines and will probably be married with kids and have my own house with games room etc when i do it and they all laughed at me.

Well here i am at 34 and have well and truly acomplished the wife and 2 kids,Our own house with games room,I own Genie,Roller Disco and 10 others.

I say whos laughing now,I am still mates with half of those very people and i let them know all the time as i knew when i said it all those years ago that i meant it and would do it as i was that passionate about pinball back then and will be till the day i die.........:lol:lol:lol

Great story Troy, any other similar passions or stories that anybody else would like to share with us all.

The first pinball I ever played was a near new early 70's Klondike. I was totally hooked, every 10cent piece, that I could ever find, ended up in this machine.

This weekend Burra is helping me to start restoring the 2 Klondike's that I have been saving, to finally restore one day. That day has come.

My lifetime dream is about to come true.

Great story Troy, any other similar passions or stories that anybody else would like to share with us all.

The first pinball I ever played was a near new early 70's Klondike. I was totally hooked, every 10cent piece, that I could ever find, ended up in this machine.

This weekend Burra is helping me to start restoring the 2 Klondike's that I have been saving, to finally restore one day. That day has come.

You Lucky, Lucky Bastard (said in the voice from Monty Python), I luved Klondike when i was a kid. Had one and sold it when my first kid was born 17 years ago :cry

This is a must have for me again when i get some $$$. Loved the add a ball and used to rack up many extra balls. Also loved the when you got 3 wagons lined up for a Special. :)

Awesome !!

Make sure you keep us updated on the progress !

:)

Best thread ever :)

That was a great read and testament to the pinheads out there that have kept the Hobby alive, that have kept the dealers selling pins, to keep us hobbyists going.

When I was a kid, I saw that many pins filling landfills after they could not be given away... This was at the age of the dawn of Videos... System one games literally thrown in the huge bins at the local tip...

When I look at a pin that has been neglected, I just have the urge to buy it and restore it to make up for every game that was either parted out or landfilled..

Now is a great time to buy pins, and there plenty of willing pinheads out there to help newbies get started..

Just a great thread ..... :)