Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Australian Amusement and Vending tradeshow (this Fri/Sat)

Hi all,

I just received an email from Highway Games re the AVA tradeshow happening this Friday and Saturday:

--------------------

The Australian Amusement and Vending tradeshow will be held this Friday and Saturday at Homebush Sydney. With over 60 booths (including local and international exhibitors) there will be plenty of products to view and great chance to meet people in the industry.

Highway Entertainment will be exhibiting (booths 59 & 60) a number of different products such as;

• Current series Japanese arcade cabinets (Naomi, Atomiswave, Cyberlead).

• New self redemption machines (chocolate/lollie machines, popcorn machine, prize machines).

• Latest dedicated machines – Battle Gear 4, Boxer, Kicker

• Latest game boards including Soul Calibur 3, Virtua Tennis 3, Metal Slug 6, and more……

• Latest RGB & VGA signal converter boards together with CRT and multi-frequency LCD panels

• Special bulk offers too hot to list on website/email

The trade show is free to enter, and we are looking to seeing you in Sydney. For more information about the location and times of the show, please visit;

http://www.highwaygames.com/body.php3?action=ts&id=352&view=detail

------------------

Wish I could go but it's way too much petrol to get from Canberra to Homebush. The pictures at the AVA site doesn't show many attendees :)

Cheers,

I would go if they would bloody sell me some older stuff! but i know its to showcase new gear.

Take loads of piccys TSC!

Are there ever any decent auctions in Sydney or in NSW?

i ALWAYS see monthly auctions like this in USA

http://www.madocowain.com/Arcade/Auction/30Apr2006/auction.html

it makes me very very sad! :( If i had access to that many machines i would be very very very very very poor

So does anyone know what this is actually like? I might be able to spare a few hours to head out and have a look... but will it be worth it? Or will I be wandering around not seing much excpet the latest in vending machines :sleep

And free to enter... I can just rock up and walk right in? I don't have to actually 'be' in the industry?

I was at AMD Sydney this week and they are taking a WPT Pinball to the show and looked like some brand spanking Golden Tee's will be going aswell. I didnt know it was in Homebush... only 20 mins drive i might go.

Anyone else go?

Stopped in for an hour or so this afternoon to see what it was all about. AMD had a few nice machines, GT Live, SS Bowling, Buck Hunter 2006, and WPT pinny as well as a couple of 39 in 1 cocktails, which the guy assured me were the real future of low cost, high revenue machines :unsure Highway had some cyber lead cabs and some atomiswaves. Had Metal Slug 6, Soul Calibur & another fighter, Virtua Tennis 3 as well as Japanese Shmup I didn't recognise (I'm guessing it was Ibara?). They also hed the stadup atomiswave which I hadn't seen before. There was another stall that Had some foosball and air hockey tables but other than that the rest was taken up by vending machines and redemptions. I guess Stacker is where the real money is for the ops these days :rolleyes.

Still, not a bad way to spend an hour, playing some of the latest games all set to freeplay :cool:

Didn't take any pics, but there really wasn't much to take photos of.