Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

XXXX in Ones, how to add in games

Ok, this is the way I do it. This is so I don't have to keep answering PM's about it, and actually have a digital copy instead of chicken scratchings! :)

In this example I'll be adding commandos game in.

1. Check if the rom is not already in the xxx in one. Path to check .\game_rom\Roms. check it's there commandu.zip . (you'll find most of the time the rom is there)..

2. edit Game.bat .\emu\Batch . This tells the XXX in one what emulator to use. I want to use mame, so emu1. add it to the top %if 1==commandu goto emu1

3. edit Game.ini .\emu\Batch This from what I can tell is some sort of delay, maybe to help give it time to set up. add it to the top of the list under [Time] commandu-1

4. Now to add it to the game lists. The lists are found at .\mamep\files it consists of the following files and what they mean:

game-0.lst - All Games

game-1.lst - Stage

game-2.lst - Flying

game-3.lst - Wrestle

game-4.lst - Maze

game-5.lst - Vertical

game-6.lst - Adult

game-7.lst - Sport

game-8.lst - Misc

game-9.lst - Special

In this example I want it added to All games and Special (I've changed Special to Cocktail Games)

Edit game-0.ini and game-9.ini

here you need to add the rom name and directly under that the Name of the Game, and leave 11 blank lines between the next entry

EG:

commandu

Commando

ghouls

Ghouls and Ghosts

5. Save the modified list(s) you just added the game into here .\filebak\english\lstbakd\files and here: .\filebak\english\lstbak\files . If not they will get wiped when you boot up the xxx in one.

6. Optional but recommended. The game by default will get stretched to change this you will need to create an ini file. this is created here

.\emu\Game1\ini if using a different emulator it will be in Game2, Game 3 etc directory. Create a new file, it must be named the name of the rom, in this case commandu.ini. I've uploaded the ini file. The two main configs is Tripplebuffer set to 1 (on horizontal games, removes tearing) and resolution. In this case I've set it to 4:4, this still keeps the Vertical feel but does stretch it a tad out. With Galaga I've used screen_aspect 8:7

This was trial and error until I got the desired results.

Here's some ini files I use

wboy.txt

travrusa.txt

rygar.txt

Commandu.txt

That just about covers it..

Just in case you want to know how to change the name of the Games lists.

Go to here: \mamep\ini

edit whatever list, in this case for me game-9.ini

Where it says list_title it will have Special rename this to anything . This is where I changed it to Cocktail

Also to hide the menus, where it says cycle_list 1, change it to cycle_list 0.

Any changes to this file will also need to be copied to .\filebak\english\lstbak\ini and .\filebak\english\lstbakd\ini

Common issue, the game you added shows up in the list(s), but when selecting it, it just disappears. Usually this is because, the rom does not exist or the rom doesn't have all the require files within the zip.

This is fairly easy to check. From a command prompt run mame, eg

I:\emu\Game1\play1.exe I:\game_rom\Roms\commandu.zip

yep, mame is renamed to play1

I drive is my drive letter, this will be different on yours. If not all the require files are in the zip, it will show you here. Usually they are found in the parent rom, get them from that and add to the zip file....

What version of mame are they using on these boards?

Is it easy to upgrade to latest mame version?

Can't remember exactly, I think it is .06?? You easily copy over the existing one, or add a new one in, if adding a new one, copy the layout and change the Game.bat to reflect this

Has the game list been edited to show up as correct game names instead of ROM names, and can the categories be renamed?

Mine shows the Game names, not the rom names, as in the files mentioned, game-0.lst etc... it has the rom name, associated to the Game name. Either way, you can change the Game name in these files..

Yes the categories / games list can be renamed, I mention this at the bottom with changing Special to Cocktail!

Now someone dump me there's to DVD please!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi !

I tried the .ini trick (part .6) to solve my problem with the 1069in1 board :

Play vertical games on an horizontal screen.

Modding the cleanstretch option to "auto" in the mame.ini is far from perfect (missing lines, strange effects). So I thought making ini file for each vertical game would make it.

But it doesn't work, as I'm a complete MAME newbie.

I made a galaxian.ini file, put it in the "ini" sub-directory of "Game1" directory :

### galaxian.ini ###

### Windows video options ###

autoframeskip 1

frameskip 0

waitvsync 0

triplebuffer 1

window 0

ddraw 1

direct3d 1

scale_effect none

hwstretch 1

# screen <NULL> (not set)

cleanstretch full

resolution 8:7

zoom 2

refresh 60

scanlines 0

switchres 1

switchbpp 1

maximize 1

keepaspect 1

matchrefresh 0

syncrefresh 0

throttle 1

full_screen_brightness 1.000000

frames_to_run 0

effect none

screen_aspect auto

sleep 0

rdtsc 0

high_priority 0

### Windows Direct3D 2D video options ###

d3dtexmanage 0

d3dfilter 0

d3deffectrotate 1

d3dfeedback 0

d3dscan 100

d3deffect none

d3dprescale auto

Any advice will be much appreciated ! Thanks !

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
What OS do these 10xx boards run????

I freak out when I see things like this:

### Windows video options ###

### Windows Direct3D 2D video options ###

WTF? Are these boards running WINDOWS OS?

Which is why I am attempting to replace the OS on mine with Linux :)..