Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

get tiny xp for your cabinet and download NOW before its gone!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was thinking about giving this a go. How does it do with ArcadeVGA cards? Also USB functionality?

Thanks for the link,

Dave

I've used TinyXP for both. My son's PC is running it too (he's only 4 though).

i recommend experiance version of xp . download that and you can create an iso with tinixp beast edn (or any other edn) AS WELL AS put about 500mb of stuff onto the cd to copy during the install process...

i.e i made a version of beast xp with:

mala

mame

snaps

vid card drivers

samples

some roms

all set up and ready to do. i pop the cd inthe drive..... install windows (hit install and walk away) and voila

a pc running tini xp beast edition (hell fast)

and all my file structure there ready to go

or just d/l tiniXP beast edition

number 1 quality best for mame

For those that have installed this version or one of the other TinyXP versions I have some questions.

Does this need a license key number to activate?

Is so, are you able to use your current Windows XP number to activate?

Or has it been created from that pirated XP disc it seemed everyone had years ago?

Once activated will this thing try to download updates or has that part been removed?

How much ram is needed to run it? I've Heard you can get away with as little as 60 meg of ram, is that right?

What sort of boot times are people getting?

Thanks.

RetroBorg

• Administrators
I heard that Rev 6 was better than beast as it has better network functionality

I use rev 6 because it has full network support only because I want to get the most out of GameEX.

Beast edition would be better suited for MameWAH and AtomicFE.

Pardon my ignorance, but what benefit is there in using a cut down version of XP over an old version of W98SE?

W98SE loads quick enough for me to run a MAME setup. Taking about 30 seconds from power on to go inter GameLauncher.

Does the cut down XP load that much faster?

This comment says its infected : http://ithotnews.com/2008/03/24/windows-xp-compact-89mb.itn#comment-14628

Dont know if this is right or wrong though but is this a actuall version of tiny xp and if so which one ?

• Super Moderator
For those that have installed this version or one of the other TinyXP versions I have some questions.

Does this need a license key number to activate?

Is so, are you able to use your current Windows XP number to activate?

Or has it been created from that pirated XP disc it seemed everyone had years ago?

Once activated will this thing try to download updates or has that part been removed?

How much ram is needed to run it? I've Heard you can get away with as little as 60 meg of ram, is that right?

What sort of boot times are people getting?

Thanks.

RetroBorg

No licence key, no activation, no updates - stick in on and off you go. Boot time on my PII 400 with 192 mg ram is about 20 seconds into Tiny XP and 35ish to Atomic FE menu

Pardon my ignorance, but what benefit is there in using a cut down version of XP over an old version of W98SE?

W98SE loads quick enough for me to run a MAME setup. Taking about 30 seconds from power on to go inter GameLauncher.

Does the cut down XP load that much faster?

I spent ages trying to set atomic and mame up on 98 and kept running into problems. with Tiny xp I had it running spot on 1st time. I imagine with a decent machine that boot times are much faster than 98