Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MAME Compiler 64 v1.0 Released

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
is there a big advantage to running under a 64bit architecture? I have a couple of 64 bit boards but wasn't planning on running mame on them.

Absolutely. Mame runs fantastic on 64-bit processors, especially overclocked Dual Cores. Quad Cores on the other hand don't give a great advantage yet.

Mame moving towards multiprocessing and 64-bit architecture so it's really the future of Mame and emulation in general. You will see many performance improvements running on 64-bit.

Check out this thread on BYOAC that shows some benchmarking of overclocked Dual Core's. Compare them to single core 32-bit processors and you can see the differences.

Does MinGW's CC support the -j flags (number of processes to spawn), and are you using it?

Yes I do. If you select the option "Dual Core" it uses a -j3 flag and if you select "Quad Core" it uses a -j5 flag. This speeds up compile time quite alot on these processors.

Yes I do. If you select the option "Dual Core" it uses a -j3 flag and if you select "Quad Core" it uses a -j5 flag. This speeds up compile time quite alot on these processors.

Good stuff.

On another topic, do you know if MinGW supports ccache and distcc yet?

Of course, I could (and should) google these things myself. I've just been away from Windows land for so long...

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Okay MC64 has been updated to use the latest toolchain. I did have an issue compiling a 32-bit version on my 64-bit machine "png2bdc.exe" crashes. I've looked this up and it appears to be a problem that doesn't relate to MC64 (more info)

Also MC64 will now detect how many cores you have and if you're running 64-bit and set the options for you. So default options to compile for your PC should be fine.

• 2 years later...

Mame Compiler 64 v1.24 Released

- Updated to the new toolchain

- Added Force Direct Input option

Tested and working with Mame 0147u3 and Mame UI 0147 u3 (if you get an error with the latter just press GO! again).

NOTE: MinGW is no longer included in the MC64 install. You have to download it separately from here.

Download Mame Compiler 64 v1.24

• 6 months later...

Hi,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this seemed quite appropriate as I am wanting to use the Mame Compiler 64 for my new mame PC.

Question I have though is that I am wanting to compile 0.142 (AMD 64, Dual Core) but the link to get the diff patches doesn't work on the site.

ie:

U Release Diff Patches

You can get the Official Mame diff patches for u releases from http://mamedev.org/updates/

I found another guide that links to

http://www.mamedev.org/updates.html

but that page doesn't have the 142u files.

Do I need these 142uX diff files? and if so, does anyone know where I could get them?

Cheers,

Darren

Hi,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but this seemed quite appropriate as I am wanting to use the Mame Compiler 64 for my new mame PC.

Question I have though is that I am wanting to compile 0.142 (AMD 64, Dual Core) but the link to get the diff patches doesn't work on the site.

Hi Darren,

Can't answer your question as I've never bothered to compile MAME, if you don't get an answer here, you may be better off posting

your query here: http://www.aussiearcade.com/forumdisplay.php/14-M-A-M-E-and-General-Emulation

Thanks for the reply John.

I have to replace something in my PC so in a few days I should be able to have a crack at compiling it and will see if I can do it without the u diff files.

If there are any issues then I will look at starting a post of the section you recommended.

Although... If anyone happens to have a 0.142 64bit (no nag, hi score) mame.exe they can let me get a copy of..... Worth a shot at least. :) Not too concerned on the AMD optimisation, more after the 64bit no nag, hi score.

Cheers,

Darren

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...