Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forum Updates

For me personally I don't give a rats what my status is. I'm more then happy to pay/donate to use this site. On the whole its a great community we have here.Thanks @Arcade King for all your hard work. I know you do a mountain of stuff behind the secenes as well. Just so you know it doesn't go unappreciated. [emoji1303]

sent from somewhere in the colony [emoji220]

• Administrators
For me personally I don't give a rats what my status is. I'm more then happy to pay/donate to use this site. On the whole its a great community we have here.Thanks @Arcade King for all your hard work. I know you do a mountain of stuff behind the secenes as well. Just so you know it doesn't go unappreciated. [emoji1303]

sent from somewhere in the colony [emoji220]

Thanks Anthony

I wish I had the unlimited money and resources like Facebook to give everybody what they want but the fact of the matter is we are small community with finite resources and have to make do.

@Arcade King

I don't understand this I'm a VIP yet I have 7,200 post & I'm not a Veteran? I post daily, I was a temporary Moderator, a Member since 2010 & I hold yearly AA pinball meets. Makes no sense!

Quoting you, Travis, "Veteran is now reserved for people who are actively involved on AA on a regular basis." Don't you like me Travis? cry.gif

Edited by Gemini2544

• Administrators
@Arcade King

I don't understand this I'm a VIP yet I have 7,200 post & I'm not a Veteran? I post daily, I was a temporary Moderator, a Member since 2010 & I hold yearly AA pinball meets. Makes no sense!

Quoting you, Travis, "Veteran is now reserved for people who are actively involved on AA on a regular basis." Don't you like me Travis? https://www.aussiearcade.com/images/smilies/standard/cry.gif

You been on the turps again?

Untitled.thumb.jpg.b78a30d5dcbe9e3f1ff3596d830bc7a8.jpg

Maybe next time PM me and ask before jumping up and down and causing a fuss and scene over nothing.

VIP>Veteran VIP shows up first.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Changes coming to AA soon

Search Engine (Done)

Further changes to the for sale section HERE

Chatbox reinstalled. Don't be afraid to give it a go :) I mainly like how it shows new posts and threads on the fly.

Massive cleanup coming. Mame and Visual Pinball section will be merged into Arcade and Pinball making the forum less busy looking. I'll also be looking at other sections I can merge.

Pinball section has been moved above Arcade for obvious reasons.

Cheers

Edited by Arcade King

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I had to disable the counter for new posts mod. For what ever reason it started throwing up database errors this morning. I couldn't replicate the issue myself in Firefox or Chrome so not sure what the cause is :unsure

Not a huge issue as it's not part of the upgrade to the forum software tomorrow.

• Administrators
Is this new update active on mobile devices?

update doesn't happen until tomorrow.

Don't forget about the test site https://www.aussiearcade.com/vbtest/

Anybody is welcome to log in and get familiar with the update who has a current account. I strongly suggest everybody has a play with it because I won't have time to answer 101 of the same questions tomorrow when everybody has been given over 2 weeks notice and a test site in advance.

Edited by Arcade King

• Administrators

Honestly, for the basics it's not really different. For other things its very straight forward. Any issues and someone, even another User can point out an answer.

Trav isn't deploying a rocket launch system, just a really nicely enhanced upgrade to our existing site. I know some people will have questions and thats fine but I think most will adapt very quickly. We will also tweak things as we find/discover them.

Trav has done an amazing job and a lot of work (just don't tell him I said so :D) to make this happen and it will be fine.

Brad

• Administrators
So when is the switch happening, Midnight tonight?

Haha...no that's sleepy time. Tomorrow morning I'll start.

Does our info in our settings auto change as we go live?.

Yes Yes Yes and Yes.

Just like on the test site you'll be able to log straight in. I'd advise everybody to recheck that their email is up to date just in case you've forgotten your password and need to reset and there will be new settings to go over in your profile.

I'm going to do a write up on user settings and profile tomorrow.