Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Forum Updates

Is it just me or does the unread view no longer work in the AA app?

It seems to be giving me unread threads that I've posted in.

Something funny is going on with unread. I use Tapatalk and I only have 9 unread posts. I did not to my knowledge accidentally hit the mark all as read button, and this has happened multiple times over the last day or so. If I go to view all posts, there are a Heap more that I have not read

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

• Administrators
Something funny is going on with unread. I use Tapatalk and I only have 9 unread posts. I did not to my knowledge accidentally hit the mark all as read button, and this has happened multiple times over the last day or so. If I go to view all posts, there are a Heap more that I have not read

I don't use the app but pretty much every time there's an issue with it, an un-install/re-install seems to fix it. Might be worth a shot.

Brad

Just popped into the app, 10 unread posts. Head to the website, 35 unread posts, but 10 since I last looked? Those are the 10 showing in the unread view in the app.

554351756_Screenshotfrom2019-01-0912-54-34.thumb.png.6c536343bd2e4e6d4239fd738dc40aba.png

- - - Updated - - -

I don't use the app but pretty much every time there's an issue with it, an un-install/re-install seems to fix it. Might be worth a shot.

Brad

Uninstalled and reinstalled, no change in behaviour. Tried signing out and back in again too.

- - - Updated - - -

Brad

Uninstalled and reinstalled, no change in behaviour. Tried signing out and back in again too.

- - - Updated - - -

Brad

- - - Updated - - -

Brad

- - - Updated - - -

Apologies for the multiple post above, I was getting an error message:

Call to undefined function split() on line 85 in /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php
#0 /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php(113): csvToArray('450, added, auc...')
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_newpost.php(809) : eval()'d code(15): addTags(Array, Array)
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_newpost.php(809): eval()
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/newreply.php(451): build_new_post('reply', Array, Array, Array, Array, Array)
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4[/url]  {main}

- - - Updated - - -

That's happening each time reply quick enough that it's trying to update the existing post.

- - - Updated - - -

That's happening each time reply quick enough that it's trying to update the existing post.

• Administrators

Apologies for the multiple post above, I was getting an error message:

Call to undefined function split() on line 85 in /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php
#0 /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_autotaggerfromcontentandtitle.php(113): csvToArray('450, added, auc...')
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_newpost.php(809) : eval()'d code(15): addTags(Array, Array)
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/includes/functions_newpost.php(809): eval()
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=3]#3[/url]  /var/www/clients/client260/web185/web/newreply.php(451): build_new_post('reply', Array, Array, Array, Array, Array)
[url=https://www.aussiearcade.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=4]#4[/url]  {main}

Thanks for reporting the error.

Some of the old mods haven't been playing nice with PHP 7.1. I've disabled the auto tagger for now.

As for Tapatalk 99.9999999% of the time issues with the software work themselves out. I've checked for an update however there is none which usually means they have screwed something up.

Thanks for reporting the error.

Some of the old mods haven't been playing nice with PHP 7.1. I've disabled the auto tagger for now.

As for Tapatalk 99.9999999% of the time issues with the software work themselves out. I've checked for an update however there is none which usually means they have screwed something up.

Thanks Travis.

BTW, I don;t think I actually posted that last comment twice, but who knows. Something a bit odd is happening there.

- - - Updated - - -

Once or twice? I'll press submit once.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, that time it worked fine.

• Administrators
I'm using Linux so I don't know if this error is affecting everyone, but from my computer everybody on AA no longer have their Mood "Happy" & "Is reporting a problem" comments displayed.

That mods been removed due it causing several issues.

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've updated the ignore thread mod which allows you to not only ignore threads but entire forums. This will only work on the core site not via Tapatalk.

You can access the option under "Forum Tools" and Thread Tools".

I'm keen to know if its working again.

I've updated the ignore thread mod which allows you to not only ignore threads but entire forums. This will only work on the core site not via Tapatalk.

You can access the option under "Forum Tools" and Thread Tools".

I'm keen to know if its working again.

"ignore forum" ( an entire section) is working great. thanks for doing this its an awesome feature.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Bumped all usergroups PM boxes up, people with upgraded accounts got a double bonus.

Did a lot of user pruning and fixed issues with upgraded accounts not reverting back to right usergroup.

Veteran is now reserved for people who are actively involved on AA on a regular basis. Like I've done with Newbie to Member if I see somebody going above and beyond I'll bump you up. Every six months or so I'm going to prune inactive users out of this group so its a bit of a revolving door.

• 3 weeks later...

My Account recently went from Veteran to Member, the problem that caused was my inbox was suddenly above the maximum & my pics storage allocation 15MB over, so to continue using the site I had to delete most of my previous pics.

I posted multiple times a few weeks ago in the last MGL game so I have had some recent activity, no big deal just infroming you the effect it can have.

Best Regards,

Sean

• Administrators
My Account recently went from Veteran to Member, the problem that caused was my inbox was suddenly above the maximum & my pics storage allocation 15MB over, so to continue using the site I had to delete most of my previous pics.

I posted multiple times a few weeks ago in the last MGL game so I have had some recent activity, no big deal just infroming you the effect it can have.

Best Regards,

Sean

Thanks for the feedback Sean.

AA relies on donations to keep the doors open and the Veteran usergroup is close to on par with a $5 upgraded account so I'm not going to hand it out to willynilly anymore( and never should have). Veteran was and is suppose to be reserved for those who are actively involved on AA on a regular basis and have done so for years.

I'm sorry you were effected by the prune but I will be regularly moving people back and forth depending on their activity on the site.