Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Universal chassis for really big tubes?

edhunter

Hi!

I've been hearing all the praise about the universal chassies that you make so I'm fairly intrigued now. I'd still have a question or two I couldn't see answered anywhere.

First of all even on your webpage you only mention the universal chassis for 13"-20" screens. But from what people are saying I'm assuming you have one for larger screens aswell?

I'm considering getting a massive 72 or even maybe 83-88 cm screen as I know someone who repairs tvs and is loaded with good tubes that I can lay my hands on for next to nothing. Can these "oversize" tubes be fitted with your universal chassis?/ Do you have a dual res version of it that I could use with PCBs and connect directly to a puter aswel if needed? Or can that only be solved thorugh a signal converter?

Another thing I keep hearing different things about is the tube pinouts. Is there a difference between the pinout of a standard tv tube and an arcade tube? I'm curious because as far as I've read your universal chassis supports lots of screen sizes and yoke impendances, so I'd posisbly test a few arcade tubes with it aswell that I have no chassis boards for.

Also two things off the main topic:

If I have a tube that's very tired and I don't even want to rejuvenate it just toss it out the window. Can I swap the yoke between two tubes with the same neck diameter and pin number and will the same chassis work properly, or do the have to be the same type and screen-size ?

I have the chance to pick up a new in box screen from the 70s for about the equivalent of 26 AUD. Yet I could find no real info on it. On the back of the tube it says Ball electric division model number BCX200. I'm assuming this is a black and white raster monitor, though by the size of the pcb it might even be a vector screen? Do you happen to have any information regarding this one? It's a 31cm screen.

Thanks for all the info in advance!

Oh and I almost forgot. How much would a dual res or a simple standard res chassis cost for a large screen?

Hi!

I've been hearing all the praise about the universal chassies that you make so I'm fairly intrigued now. I'd still have a question or two I couldn't see answered anywhere.

First of all even on your webpage you only mention the universal chassis for 13"-20" screens. But from what people are saying I'm assuming you have one for larger screens aswell?

I'm considering getting a massive 72 or even maybe 83-88 cm screen as I know someone who repairs tvs and is loaded with good tubes that I can lay my hands on for next to nothing. Can these "oversize" tubes be fitted with your universal chassis?/ Do you have a dual res version of it that I could use with PCBs and connect directly to a puter aswel if needed? Or can that only be solved thorugh a signal converter?

Another thing I keep hearing different things about is the tube pinouts. Is there a difference between the pinout of a standard tv tube and an arcade tube? I'm curious because as far as I've read your universal chassis supports lots of screen sizes and yoke impendances, so I'd posisbly test a few arcade tubes with it aswell that I have no chassis boards for.

Also two things off the main topic:

If I have a tube that's very tired and I don't even want to rejuvenate it just toss it out the window. Can I swap the yoke between two tubes with the same neck diameter and pin number and will the same chassis work properly, or do the have to be the same type and screen-size ?

I have the chance to pick up a new in box screen from the 70s for about the equivalent of 26 AUD. Yet I could find no real info on it. On the back of the tube it says Ball electric division model number BCX200. I'm assuming this is a black and white raster monitor, though by the size of the pcb it might even be a vector screen? Do you happen to have any information regarding this one? It's a 31cm screen.

Thanks for all the info in advance!

Oh and I almost forgot. How much would a dual res or a simple standard res chassis cost for a large screen?

I like these sort of questions ,

I dont advertise that I do chassis for larger screens on my webpage because there are so many variables that I would spend 25hrs a day answering emails to the same questions :)

Universal chassis are something I have spent many years developing , so the tubes and yoke matching is becoming a library of information.

All the chassis 21" and below are 15K CGA only but I can just about match any tube ( except Sony ) used in Arcade or TV's .

It has been mentioned a few times about the difference between TV and Arcade tubes , The main and important thing to remember is that all TV Tubes are "A" Grade quality , Almost all arcade tubes except Jap monitors like Nanao use "B" Grade tubes ( or tubes rejected for TV use ).

To take advantage of TV's being "A" Grade , the universal chassis to suit tubes 25" , 26" , 27" 28" 29" and 33' ( 78cm) are all Dual Resolution , I have also tested for quite a while on the standard LAI 38" Tube without any problems at all .

Also all tubes 25" and above use the same 10 pin configuration so is not a problem like with 21" and below., Arcade and TV's tube pinouts are the same in larger sized Tubes .

Your other question regarding swapping Yokes , this is possible as long as the tubes are the same size and dimensions , but you always have to remember that after changing a yoke you normally have to setup the convergence again , this can be quite tricky and not recommended if you have never done it before.

Dual Resolution BTW is 15K CGA and 25K EGA , so can be used with the correct video card to work with a computer ,but most importantly it suits 99% of all arcade games without any converters.

Sorry never heard of the old 70's monitor you are referring to , well before my time I think .

As for price, depending on what exactly it is going on and what extra mods I need to do determines the price , if anyone wants a specific price please contact me ,I discount the price for AA members .

well ive got a shipment of 63cm tvs going to joey if that helps with sizes

Truck load you mean :)

yeah it is a truck actually :lol. i did carry the first couple one at a time on the front seat of my pulsar (fuck knows how i got it in the there)

as for sale youll have to ask joey on that one as there his he got them last w.e