Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Help needed with TV/ArcadeVGA/Chassis

Hello brains trust! I've recently dusted off my old Mame cabinet which was running a de-cased 29" Conia TV and PC with s-video out. This ran Mame pretty well but the resolution/clarity sucked.

A few weeks ago I got hold of an ArcadeVGA card and I've been able to get all those lovely native screen modes running on my 17" VGA monitor. So I decided to purchase a dual res monitor chassis from Jomac (he kindly provided the RGB adapter too) and I believe I have the chassis wired up correctly to the 29" tube in my cabinet, however I am not getting any picture when I connect this to the PC and fire up Windows.

Joey has been extremely helpful in troubleshooting. I've fiddled with the voltage on the chassis and carefully adjusted all other controls, but at best all I can see on the tube is a solid green or red or blue picture of varying brightness (depending on the voltage/brightness levels I set).

To clarify, I have both outputs from the ArcadeVGA plugged in. The DVI into the 17" monitor using an adapter is working, but the 15 pin RGB to the new chassis is not. I'm using a standard VGA cable to the adapter supplied by Joey and I've spliced all the coloured wires together.

So I've spent hundreds of dollars and it ain't working! I don't believe the ArcadeVGA or Joey's chassis are at fault (yet). Anybody with any suggestions or who lives in Melbourne and would like to earn some beer/cash - please put your hand up!

Cheers,

Paul