Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Questions about using the universal chassis with a TV tube.

speaking of teles in the 63-68 range

was driving past the local auction place and there was six sitting out the front with free sign on them

now theres 5 there interesting has they have rgb plugs on the backs old as the hills and easy weigh about 50kg (i can just lift it) and about 1m across :o

ive started another thread to suss out some ideas with the one i got

• 1 month later...

now i was wondering joey

do these chassis use the degauss coils on the tube already and the ground wiring or do these need to be removed. I saw in AK thread you get new ones anyways but was wondering as ill be preparing for one of yours shortly :)

now i was wondering joey

do these chassis use the degauss coils on the tube already and the ground wiring or do these need to be removed. I saw in AK thread you get new ones anyways but was wondering as ill be preparing for one of yours shortly :)

Yeah you can use the originals but some times the plugs are different , so it's just as easy to replace the whole thing with the new ones supplied with the chassis.

If the plugs on the old ones are the same I just use them :)

How does using a Jomac chassis on a TV tube compare to using RGB inputs via a SCART on the same tube, on a tv that had SCART inputs with RGB wired up? Will the jomac look better, or will it be about the same?

I've yet to test the RGB's on my TV (from freecycle), hopefully tonight.. I know the tuner is shot, but I don't know if the SCARTs work. If they don't then obviously Jomac is the only way to go :) But if there would be a huge quality increase, it might be the way to go regardless!

How does using a Jomac chassis on a TV tube compare to using RGB inputs via a SCART on the same tube, on a tv that had SCART inputs with RGB wired up? Will the jomac look better, or will it be about the same?

I've yet to test the RGB's on my TV (from freecycle), hopefully tonight.. I know the tuner is shot, but I don't know if the SCARTs work. If they don't then obviously Jomac is the only way to go :) But if there would be a huge quality increase, it might be the way to go regardless!

The RGB option only works on some TV's and is only as good as the TV itself , as many of the TV's guys pick up are already faulty or on there last legs it's never been that popular of an option.

When I say the TV are faulty or on their last legs I mean the chassis in them , the tube always outlasts the electronics used to drives them.

Indeed. Finally wired up my RGB -> SCART lead and the TV refuses to switch to that input, even with the select-blanking pin wired. Channel tuning was already known faulty on it, so no real surprise. I'll be emailing you shortly (probably just after next pay day!) in regards to purchasing a chassis :)

Thanks for the info! :)

• 2 years later...

Installation Guide

Hello Joey.

I have one of your Chassis for my Mitsubishi 68cm Tube. Do you have a JOMAC chassis installation guide for noobs? - Never seen inside a TV case before :S

Regards,

Michael

Hello Joey.

I have one of your Chassis for my Mitsubishi 68cm Tube. Do you have a JOMAC chassis installation guide for noobs? - Never seen inside a TV case before :S

Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael ,

There are a few threads around that talk about decassing a TV , it's very self explanatory once you start .

The Noobs installation and setup guide is a personal one , call me on 0418 928 962 and I will guide you through the process , I do it all the time for guys here on AA .

Thanks Jomac

Hi Michael ,

There are a few threads around that talk about decassing a TV , it's very self explanatory once you start .

The Noobs installation and setup guide is a personal one , call me on 0418 928 962 and I will guide you through the process , I do it all the time for guys here on AA .

I guess i didnt know what to search for in AA - I'll try decassing. Thanks for your offer, when i get around to it I'll give you a call.

In the mean time, would you be cautious decassing a TV that hasnt been swiched on for ages (3+months)? From an electric standpoint and from a "shit this box hasnt been turned on for ages, I'd hate to install a chassis to this bayboy only for it not to work" standpoint? :D

Regards,

Michael

I guess i didnt know what to search for in AA - I'll try decassing. Thanks for your offer, when i get around to it I'll give you a call.

In the mean time, would you be cautious decassing a TV that hasnt been swiched on for ages (3+months)? From an electric standpoint and from a "shit this box hasnt been turned on for ages, I'd hate to install a chassis to this bayboy only for it not to work" standpoint? :D

Regards,

Michael

I don't even bother about discharging them if they have been for a day or more ,so you certainly wont have any problems on that side .

It's never a problem if you have a dead TV tube ( this is very rare ) , If it won't suit another TV I will exchange it for one that does or refund you.