Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Questions about using the universal chassis with a TV tube.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)

    How does using a Jomac chassis on a TV tube compare to using RGB inputs via a SCART on the same tube, on a tv that had SCART inputs with RGB wired up? Will the jomac look better, or will it be about the same?

    I've yet to test the RGB's on my TV (from freecycle), hopefully tonight.. I know the tuner is shot, but I don't know if the SCARTs work. If they don't then obviously Jomac is the only way to go But if there would be a huge quality increase, it might be the way to go regardless!

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    State
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDGuide View Post
    How does using a Jomac chassis on a TV tube compare to using RGB inputs via a SCART on the same tube, on a tv that had SCART inputs with RGB wired up? Will the jomac look better, or will it be about the same?

    I've yet to test the RGB's on my TV (from freecycle), hopefully tonight.. I know the tuner is shot, but I don't know if the SCARTs work. If they don't then obviously Jomac is the only way to go But if there would be a huge quality increase, it might be the way to go regardless!
    The RGB option only works on some TV's and is only as good as the TV itself , as many of the TV's guys pick up are already faulty or on there last legs it's never been that popular of an option.
    When I say the TV are faulty or on their last legs I mean the chassis in them , the tube always outlasts the electronics used to drives them.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    2,140
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    350 Post(s)
    Indeed. Finally wired up my RGB -> SCART lead and the TV refuses to switch to that input, even with the select-blanking pin wired. Channel tuning was already known faulty on it, so no real surprise. I'll be emailing you shortly (probably just after next pay day!) in regards to purchasing a chassis

    Thanks for the info!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    State
    Bulimba, Brisbane
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Installation Guide

    Hello Joey.

    I have one of your Chassis for my Mitsubishi 68cm Tube. Do you have a JOMAC chassis installation guide for noobs? - Never seen inside a TV case before :S

    Regards,
    Michael

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    State
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvanarey View Post
    Hello Joey.

    I have one of your Chassis for my Mitsubishi 68cm Tube. Do you have a JOMAC chassis installation guide for noobs? - Never seen inside a TV case before :S

    Regards,
    Michael
    Hi Michael ,

    There are a few threads around that talk about decassing a TV , it's very self explanatory once you start .
    The Noobs installation and setup guide is a personal one , call me on 0418 928 962 and I will guide you through the process , I do it all the time for guys here on AA .

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    State
    Bulimba, Brisbane
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Thanks Jomac

    Quote Originally Posted by Jomac View Post
    Hi Michael ,

    There are a few threads around that talk about decassing a TV , it's very self explanatory once you start .
    The Noobs installation and setup guide is a personal one , call me on 0418 928 962 and I will guide you through the process , I do it all the time for guys here on AA .

    I guess i didnt know what to search for in AA - I'll try decassing. Thanks for your offer, when i get around to it I'll give you a call.

    In the mean time, would you be cautious decassing a TV that hasnt been swiched on for ages (3+months)? From an electric standpoint and from a "shit this box hasnt been turned on for ages, I'd hate to install a chassis to this bayboy only for it not to work" standpoint?

    Regards,
    Michael

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    State
    Perth WA
    Posts
    1,360
    Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvanarey View Post
    I guess i didnt know what to search for in AA - I'll try decassing. Thanks for your offer, when i get around to it I'll give you a call.

    In the mean time, would you be cautious decassing a TV that hasnt been swiched on for ages (3+months)? From an electric standpoint and from a "shit this box hasnt been turned on for ages, I'd hate to install a chassis to this bayboy only for it not to work" standpoint?

    Regards,
    Michael
    I don't even bother about discharging them if they have been for a day or more ,so you certainly wont have any problems on that side .

    It's never a problem if you have a dead TV tube ( this is very rare ) , If it won't suit another TV I will exchange it for one that does or refund you.


Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jomacs Universal Chassis
    By Arcade King in forum Jomac
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 28th August 2012, 07:49 PM
  2. My new TRI-REZ chassis from ZAX
    By stu in forum Arcade
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th January 2007, 09:04 PM
  3. Universal Monitor Chassis
    By antali2 in forum Monitor and Chassis Repair Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th July 2006, 02:40 PM
  4. Jomac's Universal chassis
    By humpalot in forum Monitor and Chassis Repair Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 3rd May 2006, 06:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •