Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×

Cool most of it's still set to default so probably is on originals only but isn't pac man a clone? They're all still showing. Either way I just like the feel of gameex so far. It's the little things as Samuel L Jackson would say, more user friendly for people other than myself, like having a home button on the layout/theme.

Certainly wouldn't have a go at Mala, I had it all working great but then had to keep playing with it until it started breaking again. Getting this computer back online was just a good excuse to add video previews and it went from there. Gameex does seem to be a lot bigger but so far everything is more stable now than where I ended up with Mala.

Game-Ex is a pretty amazing bit of kit. I'm constantly amazed by the sheer feature set Mr. Spiers manages to stuff into it, especially given its stability, and that it's all the work of One Dude.

It's an incredibly slick project. Don't be put off by the price tag, you can use 99% of the features just fine before paying. Then you'll see why it's worth it ;-)

• 1 month later...

Anyone use the Gameex Jukebox?

I've got the rest of Gameex running pretty well and the jukebox works fine with one problem. If I dont select a song it starts playing random ones but if I select songs, they then become the playlist and when it's played them all it just goes back and plays them again rather then returning to random songs?

I'm playing it via itunes and kind of have to at this stage as I've got that organised whereas the music folder itself is a mess. I'm hoping it's just because its not registered yet (it will be in a day or two when my credit card clears :redface) but it seems odd that I can't set it to run like a jukebox, playing selected songs and then reverting to random songs when nothing is qued.

Anyway it's doing my head in so if anyone uses the jukebox all suggestions welcome.

The only way I know is after you have manually chosen a song if you want to go back to random then choose clear and queue all, then hold joystick left to go to other menu where you can choose playlist/more and then choose shuffle current playlist.

you need to make sure you choose clear and queue all first or it will just play the same song over and over.

cheers

• 5 years later...
  • Super Moderator

Old mate just bought back a GAMEEX machine that I setup for him many years ago.. Failed Screen / failed PC.

Managed to get the Hdd configured to run on a similar era PC, replaced the screen, all working just fine.. But for the life of me I can't remember how to navigate the system with the buttons and sticks..

Up and down through the game selection is fine

selecting games, no problem.

however, exiting out of the game - no idea

changing volume levels - no idea

I've had a look through the MAMEEX forums, but nothing jumps out..

Anyone got a button map..?

TIA