Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gold Cleaning Advise

Gav

Question

10 answers to this question

wpuld add a coat of clearcoat too once you clean them as the brass ones can wear off.

mark

But doesn't it take away from the sparkle? :unsure I assume it would since the light would need to penatrate thru the clear coat then reflect back out the clear coat :unsure

we have done this to all our gold guns and gold rails and gold locking bars but mine are gold dipped not brass so maybe brass might have problems I am not sure.

mark

You mean there electroplated gold ;) I have to agree, clear coating would definatley help longevity and stop the wearing process.

Mine are gold plate,not brass,they match ok with the brass legs Ive got.I got em clean with a jewellery cloth but yes they do mark easily. How do I best clearcoat them? Is there a spray on product thats best for this?

for clear lacquer for metals, this stuff is bloody magic

http://www.amiles.com.au/engraving/lacquer/lacquer.htm

you can paint it in with a paint brush and it is self leveling. love this stuff.

you can buy a 2 litre tin of it and they ship it via fastway couriers.

best thing is it does not go yellow with UV like everything else i have seen/used

Just got a gold L/D bar and rails(Thanks Brett). What would be the best product to use for cleaning these?

Thanks Gav

Gav, can you post a pic? I am curious to see what there like?

Were they highly polished before plating? :unsure

for clear lacquer for metals, this stuff is bloody magic

http://www.amiles.com.au/engraving/lacquer/lacquer.htm

you can paint it in with a paint brush and it is self leveling. love this stuff.

you can buy a 2 litre tin of it and they ship it via fastway couriers.

best thing is it does not go yellow with UV like everything else i have seen/used

Post some pics dude, I am worried about clearing my legs/siderails etc etc because I don't want to loose the sparkle.

Gav, can you post a pic? I am curious to see what there like?

Were they highly polished before plating? :unsure

Mine were already plated when I got them.They originally came from Wayne, I'll try to post a pic tomorrow.