Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Spanish eyes had smoke....

ROLLERBALL

Question

My spanish eyes EM machine just had smoke pouring out of it...took me a while to find what happend....the coil that seems to be part of the score motor is toasted up big time...Is that going to be a hard fix???Any tips??Or any idea what would have caused it to burn up??

cheers guys

paul

11 answers to this question

Hey Paul,

I am currently at work so haven't got time to go into full details, but I had the same thing happen to my Gottlieb Soccer. The machine wasn't resetting all the time, and whilst I was at work the kids went in turned it on, and when it didn't reset properly they went off and played. meanwhile the motor continues to run trying to reset everything until it melts the windings. I found a company in the US that was the original manfacturers of the motor and later tonight I'll look up their details and quote for you, in the end I rewound it myself and it hasn't missed a beat since. You may find some old posts on RPG about it. Will add more tonight I also have photos of my burnt out motor and after repair.

Regards

Pigsie

Hey pigsie

cheers mate...any help at all would be GREAT...PM me if you like...

rewinding sounds interesting...

sounds like I had the same problem...not resetting for some reason..

I do know that I turned the machine on for some friends to play...then it was left for a bit and I could smell the smoke...

Hey pigsie

cheers mate...any help at all would be GREAT...PM me if you like...

rewinding sounds interesting...

sounds like I had the same problem...not resetting for some reason..

I do know that I turned the machine on for some friends to play...then it was left for a bit and I could smell the smoke...

I found the old thread in rgp

http://groups.google.com.au/group/rec.games.pinball/browse_thread/thread/f2cd87bbfde4298/b04007672f6aa1ce?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=pigsie+score+motor#b04007672f6aa1ce

I'll keep digging out more info for you and post as I find it.

Pigsie

(My wife's hassling me to ring my mum so I'd better go do that first :rolleyes back later hopefully)