Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Space Wars: Red Spaceship

• Administrators
Hi everyone,

I've been working on some code in my spare time for about the last six months writing a game based on the old space wars.

You can check out my progress here:

http://www.redspaceship.net

Let me know what you think!

:D

lol nice, the red ship is pretty dumb but it keep flying into the suns

Thanks guys.

The more the red ship blows up, the more its "skill" increases, so its less likely to run into the sun(s), especially on the harder difficulty settings.

I wrote the tune when I had a week off work back in September... its an mp3 that plays in the background.

If you like the game, spread the word... :)

• Administrators
Thanks guys.

The more the red ship blows up, the more its "skill" increases, so its less likely to run into the sun(s), especially on the harder difficulty settings.

I wrote the tune when I had a week off work back in September... its an mp3 that plays in the background.

If you like the game, spread the word... :)

you should convert it so it can run in the flash arcade :)

Hey I've just been playing this awesome game more and have some constructive criticism:...

1. I love the gravity and how the pieces of a destroyed ship are drawn in still, nice ;)

2. I've found an easier way to defeat the enemy. The red ship will not try to shoot out the sides of the screen (to make it loop). So if you sit on the edge, on the opposite side to the red ship, you can pick him off easily with no resistance. Maybe something you want to improve? :)

3. Code it so the ships always spawn at least a set distance from the suns. Occasionally one will spawn right on/next to it and explode instantly.

Good beta so far and cool music :D

Ah but even though he doesn't wrap shots usually, the red ship does get pretty hard to defeat after a while... i could change the code to make it harder so that he tries to wrap shots if its closer if you think that would make for a better game :badgrin

Ah but even though he doesn't wrap shots usually, the red ship does get pretty hard to defeat after a while... i could change the code to make it harder so that he tries to wrap shots if its closer if you think that would make for a better game :badgrin

Yeah I admit it get haaard :) Just something you may or may not have been aware of ;)

v1.01, minor update

http://www.redspaceship.net

Just made a few minor modifications to my code:

- Tweaked the spawn positions and where the sun(s) appear, so its less likely that the ships will spawn right in front of a sun.

- Added alternate keys: Left Arrow or A - Rotate Left, Right Arrow or D - Rotate Right, Up Arrow or W - Thrust, Ctrl or Space Bar - Fire, P - Pause/Unpause.

(apparently double-tapping Ctrl does something if you have google desktop installed.)

Still thinking about adding a one second shield in, but if I did I'm thinking it should only protect you against the enemy fire, not against crashing into the other ship or the sun(s) - I don't want to make it too easy... what do you reckon??

Also I will probably add an online high score table at some stage... when I get round to coding it.

Any other comments, let me know. Enjoy!