State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Monitor Answers

OK I have attached some pictures...
    29inch Monitor is Flat Screen, I also have fishbowl model as well same price.
    Tubes are made in mexico and have been quite good for me so far, not one failure in over two years and no defects.
    Chassis is Yatta ~ Standard 15Khz will do the job, very low failure rate given the fact that they are at the cheap end of the scale, I have only had two not work in over two years and they were easy fixes too
    These tubes run very well with dual res chassis as well and I suggest contacting Joey for a compatible chassis.

Freight, As you can imagine these thing are not small, unless anyone has a better suggestion the best I can think of is to ship on a pallet and have the tube packed in the middle.
    Brisbane CBD $50
    Border Express costs for other CBD are as follows (no insurance).
    Sydney $115
    Melbourne $125
    Adelaide $135
    Perth $265
    Now I may be wrong on these prices as I only find out after I send the unit what they charge but it should be pretty close..

If you have your own freight that does cheaper by all means use them and tell me
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by GameDude; 4th December 2007 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Always interested in Retro and Current gaming

https://www.gamedude.com.au

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    I've got one of these flatscreen 29" tubes in my Candy, and the quality is fantastic. Picture is crystal clear - no blur, no waviness, etc.

I bought it of GD just over a year ago, and I'm very pleased with it. I've seen some 29" tubes/chassis out of second hand cabs that are 5+ years old, and they were always blurry. I mistakenly thought that it was just what you got with big tubes, but that's definitely not the case with these. Very nice.

State
    Illawarra NSW Australia
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)
    Those tubes sound awesome... I would seriously consider replacing the 21" CRT with one of these (and an arcadeVGA) if only it fit in your plans Elvis (I built to those widths and have a 600mm wide cab). Damnit!

29" ... hmmmmm lightgun games.
    My Projects

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmworking247 View Post
    Those tubes sound awesome... I would seriously consider replacing the 21" CRT with one of these (and an arcadeVGA) if only it fit in your plans Elvis (I built to those widths and have a 600mm wide cab). Damnit!

29" ... hmmmmm lightgun games.
    600mm might *just* be short:

29 inch * 25.4 mm/inch * 4/5 (ratio of 4:3 screen width to diagonal, based on Pythagoras' 3:4:5 right-triangle) = 589mm.

That's tube size only. I'm not sure about the frame holding it on. I'll see if I can get a measurement when I'm in at GD next.

But yeah, I think the original design for my cab (ie: LuSiD's original design) was planned with a 26" monitor as max.

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Viper View Post
    Can one of the mods get in here and clean out the posts that have nothing to do with Dorian's stock/sales/enquiries please (yes, including this one). It's a commercial section for **** sake guys, have your pissing competitions elsewhere!
    Yeah I agree. Done.

State
    Newcastle, NSW
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)
    Hey Dorian,

Any chance of getting some measurements between bolt holds on the 29" Screens.

Cheers,
    Beau

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at a Candy Cab if I can't source one S/H. Can anyone give me a bit of a comparison between the LS Sound 29" and the Megalo 29"? Both seem to have very similar specs / appearance. I guess I prefer the look of the Megalo because obviously its based on Sega cabinets that I've always loved.

Are there any key differences I should be aware of? Or just buy the one I tihnk looks smarter?

State
    Queensland
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gints View Post
    Looking at a Candy Cab if I can't source one S/H. Can anyone give me a bit of a comparison between the LS Sound 29" and the Megalo 29"? Both seem to have very similar specs / appearance. I guess I prefer the look of the Megalo because obviously its based on Sega cabinets that I've always loved.

Are there any key differences I should be aware of? Or just buy the one I tihnk looks smarter?
    Your in Brisbane why not come and have a look?
    Always interested in Retro and Current gaming

https://www.gamedude.com.au

State
    Brisbane
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I will be, ran out of time today Will be in tomorrow morn

State
    bunbury WA
    Mentioned