Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Pinball On line and Scorbit

Ando77

Why hasn't anyone done this before is one of his questions. Same reason no one has done it to pool tables I guess. No two are the same is one reason but an online high score table is questionable as well.

Who was there to verify the high score?

Was the glass on the machine when the high score was achieved for example.

Personally I think it a stupid idea by a geek trying to get a foot in an industry he has little idea about.

Sometimes I think it is best just to leave things alone without making them overly complex. Pinball is cool because it is standalone and doesn't rely on the internet.

Video games took this route some time ago and now you pay ongoing charges to receive updates. You take the machine offline for 30 days and the machine won't bootup.

Not sure how many video games still have this online connectivity but the ones I know of are versions of Buck Hunter, Maxi Tune and Tekken. Maxi Tune goes so far as to allow the manufacture access to your earnings audits and take it's cut.

Sometimes we really need to think things fully through before deciding whether it is indeed all as it first appears.

Ask yourself why would Stern really be interested in this idea?. Stern, a company driven by higher profit margins has probably seen how some of the video industry have turned this same idea into something I always regarded as an on going rent of there machines.

You own it and maintain it and we continue getting money from you. Like I said, be very careful here, you may get more than you want.

I think it would be good for some uses, mates having an online league etc. Not for serious competition agreed. It would also be good to back your settings up onto web page including plays and high scores and set up a high score page for your mates who play your machines. There will be heaps of uses that aren't readily obvious.

Also good for updates and servicing.

Will it have a glass in detector !?

Gimmicky for me and I would never use it but I'm sure other people in the hobby will love it. Mainly Victorians ..

Them is fighting words right there:)

Sounds like it may be a great mod for operators who want updates on machine earnings and maintenance issues without having to visit the machine. More mods for pinball is always a good thing, I reckon.

I was thinking about selfie style leagues on a location. Way easier than submitting photos, and then you could move it from machine to machine month to month? As long as it's an attended location where people pay some attention to what's happening to the machine?