Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 3 ~ Roc'n Rope (closes 22-Dec)

Dinosaurs are not extinct …

MGLXLII – Game 3 ~ Roc’n Rope

Nominated by gamer: BandontheRun

ROMSet: rocnrope

*** Please note the difficulty settings were relabeled at MAME version 0.144u7 - if using this or later versions, please select "Difficulty: 5" ***

*** Please note only 1 Extra Life is granted at 20000, due to the Grant Repeated Bonus being set to No. ***

35J1Zg5.png

Game Story:

You play an archeologist whose mission is to return the missing feathers to the golden Phoenix. Use your harpoon-gun to fire a rope to higher platforms and then climb up. Use your flashlight to dazzle stun the attacking dinosaurs and cavemen.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 22 December 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 3 … Studying rocks can lead to danger …

GZIzf9D.jpg

:)

• Like 1

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157028

Setting the bar so high, it's a tripping risk. :applause:

What's life without risk? Maybe a sack of beans ... LOL

Project Managers wouldn't have a job.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems harder than I remember but I don't think I've played this game since last time it came up so I may be wrong :unsure

It's just hard. The top scores in the world are less than 205K! At 62K, you are almost one third there.

• Like 1

It's just hard. The top scores in the world are less than 205K! At 62K, you are almost one third there.

This was yet another game I played back in the 80's in a local deli as we call a milk bar or corner shop here. No bratwurst or liverwurst on sale there. It's another weird South Australia thing. It was hard then and it's still hard.

A quick look back in MGL history shows that I was sort of right though. In MGL 14 we used these settings but we also played on easy 1 with the repeated bonus on in MGL 26. So it was harder than I remembered because of MGL 26.

I cleared 100K in both of these MGLs and should be able to do it again once I shake off the rust.

3 games that I like to start off an MGL. Not sure that's happened before but I guess it means I'm one game closer to a game I hate :lol

• Like 1

3 games that I like to start off an MGL. Not sure that's happened before but I guess it means I'm one game closer to a game I hate :lol

Then it seems the nominators get three big ticks so far. I think they are all good games too.

:026:

• Like 1

This was yet another game I played back in the 80's in a local deli as we call a milk bar or corner shop here. No bratwurst or liverwurst on sale there. It's another weird South Australia thing. It was hard then and it's still hard.

Same here - Milk Bar in Victoria also. Don't think I ever made it passed stage 2 BITD and it would have been set a lot easier than TG settings.

• Like 1