Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Spooky Pinball - Rick and Morty.

namastepat

Custom callouts from the show's creator should be the icing on the cake and make for some great theme integration hopefully.

Love Rick and Morty, very excited to see this. Was thinking of picking up a JP but might have to put that on hold for this.

• Like 1

Good lord....$13,700 will price me out of Rick and Morty then.....

Do you have spare or as some might say " redundant" Kidney to sell ! Then you should have sufficient coin to get it :D Also you get a free ice bath off a Russian Doctor , very therapeutic I have heard....

Custom callouts from the show's creator should be the icing on the cake and make for some great theme integration hopefully.

Love Rick and Morty, very excited to see this. Was thinking of picking up a JP but might have to put that on hold for this.

I can't think of a better game theme with properly recorded, custom call outs. Rick and Morty (both voiced by Justin) have some of the best one liners ever. There are videos of Justin recording and it's basically him having ridiculous conversations with himself as both characters. I have never wanted a NIB game more in my life. The only other time a NIB game has done this to me is the Big Lebowski, and that didn't end well :(

Do you have spare or as some might say " redundant" Kidney to sell ! Then you should have sufficient coin to get it :D Also you get a free ice bath off a Russian Doctor , very therapeutic I have heard....

A fully Optioned Spooky Game is under $13k inc GST, Inc Knocker shaker mirror or art blades and misty blue trim

I asked Gary Stern a few years ago about the feasibility of Rick and Morty and he said that they looked at it but didn't fit their demographics and lacked world wide appeal .

I just thought with the restrictions of having A "THEME" with this one you could go nuts , then hopefully the machine it self would/should broaden the limited pinball typecast.

I'm just glad it's being made and although it might not end up on site , it might end up in my home somehow .

I asked Gary Stern a few years ago about the feasibility of Rick and Morty and he said that they looked at it but didn't fit their demographics and lacked world wide appeal .

I just thought with the restrictions of having A "THEME" with this one you could go nuts , then hopefully the machine it self would/should broaden the limited pinball typecast.

I'm just glad it's being made and although it might not end up on site , it might end up in my home somehow .

Stern want to play it safe. They have too much at risk. R & m have a pretty specific audience.

With the creators on board with this I’m expecting great things! Custom callouts and pinball specific animations. A year to made them is a killer though. Interest always wanes after a while regardless of title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found Rick & Morty last night & watched four episodes (one from each session) All I can say is it's Weird. After a while that squeaky voice of Morty really started to get on my nerves. Owning a pin with his voice squawking call outs would turn me right off pretty quick. IMO

This is why this game will be a hit for Spooky. It's the first licenced theme in a decade which appeals to the 30 and under age group. It will bring a whole new group of players into pinball who have never played before. It's a shame Stern aren't willing to branch out - but I did laugh when this got referenced in the trailer.

Here's hoping for a Meseeks box on the playfield which puts additional balls in play when you hit it!

• Like 1

This is why this game will be a hit for Spooky. It's the first licenced theme in a decade which appeals to the 30 and under age group. It will bring a whole new group of players into pinball who have never played before. It's a shame Stern aren't willing to branch out - but I did laugh when this got referenced in the trailer.

Here's hoping for a Meseeks box on the playfield which puts additional balls in play when you hit it!

“Mr meseeks, teach me how to play pinball” *automatically starts flipping* “it’s all in the hips jerry!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you have to watch few more episodes @Gemini2544. If you're a fan of the simpsons, its a progression from that for the kids of today as simpsons is from the 80's. For instance Homer is celerbrated for being average, where as Jerry (the dad) is average and dumb but is not a hero like homer in the simpsons. His marriage is falling apart, he's not great at his job, is a racist/sexist/ where as his wife has a sucessfull career as a "heart surgeon". The grandpa in the simpsons is an also ran where as Morty is the hero, if not the family leader. Alcholism is celebrated in both with Rick and homer both functioning alcholics etc. Nothing is out of bounds in rick and morty where as the simpsons has some limits etc. etc. Lots of parallels. Funny/witty/insightful writing.

I think you have to watch few more episodes @Gemini2544. If you're a fan of the simpsons, its a progression from that for the kids of today as simpsons is from the 80's. For instance Homer is celerbrated for being average, where as Jerry (the dad) is average and dumb but is not a hero like homer in the simpsons. His marriage is falling apart, he's not great at his job, is a racist/sexist/ where as his wife has a sucessfull career as a "heart surgeon". The grandpa in the simpsons is an also ran where as Morty is the hero, if not the family leader. Alcholism is celebrated in both with Rick and homer both functioning alcholics etc. Nothing is out of bounds in rick and morty where as the simpsons has some limits etc. etc. Lots of parallels. Funny/witty/insightful writing.

Thank you very much for the insightful review @peely :) TV time is SHORT with own business and a very young family, but thanks to your review (and now that 'Years and Years' is done) i'm actually inspired to give this series a crack as my next binge

@FLAIMBOY it can be pretty weird at first. I had a friend show me a couple of episodes he loved, and they turned out to be ones i didn't think much of. But when i finally settled down and forced myself to watch from the start, i had to sit through another two episides before i really got it. I totally think it's brilliant, confronting, hilarious, innovative, disturbing, etc.. but i don't always find it easy to watch :)

@FLAIMBOY it can be pretty weird at first. I had a friend show me a couple of episodes he loved, and they turned out to be ones i didn't think much of. But when i finally settled down and forced myself to watch from the start, i had to sit through another two episides before i really got it. I totally think it's brilliant, confronting, hilarious, innovative, disturbing, etc.. but i don't always find it easy to watch :)

i was 100% the same. Watched 2 episodes, didn't think much

Came back to it after a mate told me to, absolutely adore it now. Even the sci fi aspect of it is so far out and creative. ****ing awesome