Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Super off road graphics issues

Andyj965

Question

7 answers to this question

Could just be a lose/bad EPROM connection... or it could be corrosion on the board.... or one of the graphics chips is stuffed. I'd be washing that board first as it's filthy and it will at least help rule out some bad connections.

The way I wash my boards:

Step 1. Disconnect battery and remove EPROMS and other cables

Step 2. Wash board with PCB cleaner from Jaycar PCB Cleaner by pouring it onto the board and then scrubbing lightly with a toothbrush until the whole board is washed and scrubbed

Step 3. Wash off PCB cleaner thoroughly under a hose or in your sink with normal tap water

Step 4. Wash tap water off PCB using a bottle of distilled water from Coles (about $3 bucks)

Step 5. Blow water off board using an air compressor making sure to blow underneath the legs of the sockets but being careful not to have pressure too high as to blow off any components

Step 6. Leave outside in the hot Aussie sun for a few hours to let the board dry off

Step 7. Wait 24 hours then replace everything you took out. While you have the EPROM chips out you should also check the legs for corrosion or damage before putting them back in

Could just be a lose/bad EPROM connection... or it could be corrosion on the board.... or one of the graphics chips is stuffed. I'd be washing that board first as it's filthy and it will at least help rule out some bad connections.

The way I wash my boards:

Step 1. Disconnect battery and remove EPROMS and other cables

Step 2. Wash board with PCB cleaner from Jaycar PCB Cleaner by pouring it onto the board and then scrubbing lightly with a toothbrush until the whole board is washed and scrubbed

Step 3. Wash off PCB cleaner thoroughly under a hose or in your sink with normal tap water

Step 4. Wash tap water off PCB using a bottle of distilled water from Coles (about $3 bucks)

Step 5. Blow water off board using an air compressor making sure to blow underneath the legs of the sockets but being careful not to have pressure too high as to blow off any components

Step 6. Leave outside in the hot Aussie sun for a few hours to let the board dry off

Step 7. Wait 24 hours then replace everything you took out. While you have the EPROM chips out you should also check the legs for corrosion or damage before putting them back in

Thanks mate. I'll give that a shot

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have a Super offroad, same issue.

I read a something that said these are particularly sensitive to incorrect voltage. On mine when I adjust the 5V on the PSU the 12V goes up to 13. Haven’t given the board a once over yet but will do soon. If I get any wins will post back!

I have a Super offroad, same issue.

I read a something that said these are particularly sensitive to incorrect voltage. On mine when I adjust the 5V on the PSU the 12V goes up to 13. Haven’t given the board a once over yet but will do soon. If I get any wins will post back!

Thanks. I'm on leave soon so this will be one of my priorities. Definitely want to get my cab working

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I have 4 of these boards, all with issues. And most people won't touch these...

Security chip, a million ROMs, connectors, dual layer, 25khz.. it's a repairers worst nightmare.

The only reason I haven't worked on mine yet is because my test rig monitor isn't 25khz, and CBF working on it while it's in the cab.

Yours doesn't just look like 'graphics' issues. Looks like it's not booting.