Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 2 ~ Moon Patrol (closes 15-Dec)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Day 15 of 17 ...

Moon Patrol is an arcade game by Irem released in 1982. It was licensed to Williams for distribution in North America. Moon Patrol is often credited for the introduction of parallax scrolling in side-scrolling video games. Taito's Jungle King side-scroller, released the same year as Moon Patrol, also uses parallax scrolling. The player takes the role of a Luna City police officer assigned to Sector Nine, the home of the "toughest thugs in the galaxy". There you go, not a boring place like back home on Earth.

lsFjOaB.png

Only 2 days to go until this game is closed.

:035::whitey:

• Super Moderator

Finally had a good run in the last two stages of championship course 1 letting me a far way through the next lot. Not sure Ill get too many more games in. QLD open Sunday

mpat0023.png.8835dc64eff2bdd4f9445e66ae744e4b.png

0002.png.062222859d527b99659c0ace5240df1e.png

Six digits! Something to celebrate.

That previous score was good, but not good enough for me to celebrate.

But now I achieved my goal! I completed the champion course and thus beat my 115k Yolympics score (previous PB). Woohoo!

I was looking for a beer emoji... now I can celebrate. :D

edit: :cheers:

Edited by Prow

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157495

That previous score was good, but not good enough for me to celebrate.

But now I achieved my goal! I completed the champion course and thus beat my 115k Yolympics score (previous PB). Woohoo!

I was looking for a beer emoji... now I can celebrate. :D

Cool!

We'll celebrate with you ... :cheers:

Day 17 of 17.

Final Results ...

ESAYtB2.png

The 5th annual arcade awards, which were more commonly known as the Arkies, gave a certificate of merit to moon patrol in the category of “1984 Best Science Fiction/ Fantasy Video Game”. It received 8 out of 10 in its review by Arcade Express in January 1983. In 2019 during MGL42, we had a lot of fun driving on the moon, as you step into the shoes of a member of an intergalactic police force by the name of Luna.

Scoring over 100K on this game is more than a certificate of merit from the Arkies. Great gaming by megaderek, RMacauley, Foot, ILLSeaBass, Prow, DaLar, John73 and D.B. Cooper saw them finish from 3rd to 10th place respectively.

Andrew Barrow scored a new PB and an incredible high of 488,520 points. In 1st place with one day to play, he was just pipped by less than 10K into 2nd place.

Congratulations to Jason Vasiloff for winning Game 2 with a final lunar score of 498,050 points. That was an amazing effort under pressure, and he now takes home his 12th game win in MGL tournaments. That's a very nice collection.

ayrgM5Y.png

Roc’n Rope and Twin Cobra are currently in play. Plenty of action, in the arcade, is on the floor right now.