Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 2 ~ Moon Patrol (closes 15-Dec)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That matches my records Paul. Interestingly of those games played 5 times only Frogger has been played on the same settings each time. (Bomb Jack has been played on 3 different settings).

Moon Patrol has been played by 47 separate players prior to MGLXLII

Bomb Jack by 54

Frogger by 63

Galaga by 85

Mr Do! by 69

and Wonderboy by 84

This is out of the 233 total players since MGL8 that I've got records for.

Rich

Great that you had a look at the data. Had to get my propeller head on. Agree on above numbers, except I have Bomb Jack at 55 (1 more), Mr Do! at 67 (2 less) and Wonder Boy at 85 (1 more). And I have 231 different gamers (2 less, watch out for gamer name changes).

Who doesn't love stats? :101:

One of the best stats is ... the MGL is good competitive fun! That plus 13 years in video gaming history, with 315 games played from MGL8 to MGL41. Wow!

And now we are playing Moon Patrol, Game no. 317 ... :bike2:

Increased my score to 16,240 and died on the landmines for the zillionth time.

Hope it's not too early for tips... the first lot of landmines - take your hand off the control - just let your car go at the speed the game controls it at and then just time the jumps.

Hope it's not too early for tips... the first lot of landmines - take your hand off the control - just let your car go at the speed the game controls it at and then just time the jumps.

I'll second that, wasn't until I started doing it was I able to pass the mines. I am sure with practice you can work out the pattern to speed through but I'm content to just survive and play another stage. Note that on the Champion stage you will need to pull back on the joystick through some of the landmines to get through.

- - - Updated - - -

Wanted to break 80k so put in a few hours last night, was getting through the beginners stage with 4 or 5 lives consistently then burning bad on the Champion stage. Got a few high 70s and was about to give up for the night and then bam.

2039474071_moonpatrol.thumb.jpg.1aaf27ab3e24dfe45ef483c764adbd46.jpg

Edited by Ace1942

• Super Moderator

Grrr, made it past the rocky boulder rolling buggy killing hill, then splattered my dudes all over the last stage like my buggy was in a Kenner SSP Smash up Derby game. Numpty

mpat0022.png.cbcd520cbbe27c9137ae7c452ab308cf.png

Edited by Foot

Nice improvement ... from 16th place up to 10th place.

- - - Updated - - -

I's actually a good score. Why? Because you are trying your best. That's all you can ask for in life. And, you have a chance to do better if you keep trying. That's important.

Fun times ... :024:

Day 8 of 17 on the moon ...

The aliens are in retreat. Some really good improvements from all gamers as well.

5isuemh.png

I've been listening to Pessimeister's Moon Patrol sound track. It gets you into the spirit of things ... :031: