Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 1 ~ 1942 (closes 15-Dec)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pessimeister: 915, 470

0006.png.d700e7cf75d97b0da9c95080cb6cf8e1.png

Managed to finally beat the second boss plane but fell a little short of the fabled and sacred goal of 1 million. Hopefully sneak in some more credits this week and hit that before we finish. :)

Another 1942 story:

I was never lucky enough to experience this game in an arcade back in the day - I certainly envy those people! My first exposure to it came with the quite different C64 conversion. I remember my dad who used to drive taxi's back in the mid 80's, saw it at one of his friend's house and described it to me and I had to have it. Sure enough, next christmas I had it on a tape compilation. It was a savage reflex heavy game with pattern memorisation but I still enjoyed it and the rousing Mark Cooksey tune. Teleport years later to 2016 and the love affair with it begins anew at Bartronica. :)

Pessimeister: 915, 470

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=157143

Managed to finally beat the second boss plane but fell a little short of the fabled and sacred goal of 1 million. Hopefully sneak in some more credits this week and hit that before we finish. :)

Another 1942 story:

I was never lucky enough to experience this game in an arcade back in the day - I certainly envy those people! My first exposure to it came with the quite different C64 conversion. I remember my dad who used to drive taxi's back in the mid 80's, saw it at one of his friend's house and described it to me and I had to have it. Sure enough, next christmas I had it on a tape compilation. It was a savage reflex heavy game with pattern memorisation but I still enjoyed it and the rousing Mark Cooksey tune. Teleport years later to 2016 and the love affair with it begins anew at Bartronica. :)

In the 80s, all the main arcades in the city of Sydney had 1942. Timezone, Orbit 600, Orbit 5, Westworld, Hoyts cinemas and many others had this game. It was very popular (yes I know I write that a lot, but in those days, most of the games were popular when released). The nice flow and motion of the planes was "new" at that time, and so was the roll button. Plenty of coins disappeared into that game everywhere.

Almost the million. Gees! Arcade rules, you have to go for that million. It was a really big thing in the 80s .. "I scored a million points on such and such". A million could buy you 4-5 homes in the 80s. A million today may get you 1.3 homes.

- - - Updated - - -

Day 10 of 17 ...

Intense aerial combat, so many ace pilots, so many high scores ...

hiCzT0B.png

Plenty of points out there. Can you get them?

:068:

IMG_4660mgl.jpg.4eb0f8156162bed714099e7f9037e258.jpg

Played a few games on a regular cab last night. Settings should be the correct (they track scores for Aurcade and it had a little card on the machine with the settings) This was the best of the night. Had a few where I got the no extra lives bug, so those weren't as high.

Day 16 of 17 ...

1942, for only the 2nd time in MGL recorded history. 41 pilots have tried to save the Allied cause from the Imperial Japanese Forces. Play now or be invaded!

gef1Y7t.png

Only 1 day to go until this game is closed.

:070: