Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 1 ~ 1942 (closes 15-Dec)

Lightning strikes …

MGLXLII – Game 1 ~ 1942

Nominated by gamers: @Charlie Milne, @orse, @RichyS and @John73

ROMSet: 0.106-0.124: 1942 - "1942 (set 1)"

0.124u4-0.170: 1942a - "1942 (Revision A)"

sxqF9ox.png

Game Story:

Control a WWII-style plane over 32 vertically scrolling sea and landscapes. Shoot various types of enemy planes. Collect a variety of weapon power-ups. Shoot the red formation of enemy planes to receive a "POW" and collect this for different power-ups double shot, wider shot, two side-planes, or a "smart bomb". Using the roll button causes your plane to loop out of the 2-D action thereby avoiding all enemy shots. You have three rolls per level, but you are awarded a bonus for any that are unused. Hit percentage reports are given at the end of each level.

Score Submissions:

Please make a new post for each score you post, with your score as the first line of your post, along with a screen shot showing your score and initials. This game finishes Sunday 15 December 2019, 7pm Sydney time.

Please make sure your settings are as above. No continues are allowed when submitting a score and must be played from the beginning of the game. No pausing. No auto fire allowed. No stitching of INP files with save states. Single player only. No cheats allowed.

Games can be played at the arcade. You must ensure the arcade operator has the game at the MGL game settings for the submission to be valid.

GAME 1 … Intense sea and air combat …

oPzda8O.jpg

B4IIhpx.jpg

rDEBddQ.png

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a start I guess.

Once upon a time I was good at this game. Now? Not so great. It's been at least 10 years since I've 1CCd 1942 so that's something to aim for.

2 games I like to start an MGL. Hopefully it's not all downhill from here.

Enough rambling it's bedtime :sleep

1942.png.46c9c28635aedef6212d25db538759c4.png

OH MAN!!!!

:045: ... a very popular game. Plenty of fighter pilots doing their best out there!

- - - Updated - - -

It's been at least 10 years since I've 1CCd 1942 so that's something to aim for.

:045: ... 10 years later maybe a new PB?

- - - Updated - - -

Pb for me on second attempt. I put it down to playing on my LAI fatboy (surely there isn't a better cabinet in existence for vertical shooters) for the first time...

Super score on the fatboy!

- - - Updated - - -

Almost there! Maybe 200K is possible ... :unsure

- - - Updated - - -

The ONLY time this game was played in the MGL, was March 2010. That's once in 16 years! (not counting the Shmup Off)

9.5 years later and KABANG, it's 1942, again!

Make it count, or it could be another 9.5 years to play this game.

:117:

Not sure if when I'll get my control panel back to play on PC, or have time to visit Pincadia where I work where my 1942 machine is sited - does anyone know if 1942 emulates (difficulty wise) on the 60-1? Might have a shot on that this weekend if I can find time.

Not sure if when I'll get my control panel back to play on PC, or have time to visit Pincadia where I work where my 1942 machine is sited - does anyone know if 1942 emulates (difficulty wise) on the 60-1? Might have a shot on that this weekend if I can find time.

My guess is it plays the same, but I don't have a 60 in 1 to test with.

:045: ... 10 years later maybe a new PB?

As I'm often told about both gaming and life "never say never". It won't be easy though. My unofficial PB is 12.1 Million on Arcade (Timezone in Hindley Street from memory) but my scores on TG for both MAME and Arcade are a lot closer to my average scoring range back then.

We'll see what happens in the next 2 weeks

This was the first arcade game I ever 1CC'd back in the day. Way out of practice.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156774

So this is a special game for you then. The very first 1CC ever for you. Neat.

I think my 1st ever 1CC was on Xevious in the 80s. It took 7.5 hours. I was standing all the way and desperate to go to the toilet during that game ... :confused:

Pessimeister: 476, 160

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156786

What a joy to finally play this great game in the MGL. :) With summer holidays lurking, I'll definitely be doing my best to hit a PB over the coming two weeks.

Totally agree with you on this one. Back in the 80s, this game was very popular in the arcades. I was there! Gamers queued up with their coins on the arcade glass. One of the early hits from Capcom.

Pew pew!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm terrible at shmups, but I really like to play. I have never been able to score many points so this will be a personal overcoming for me.

I will try to hit my personal goal over the days.

First score: 68,390

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156785

As a first score it’s a good start. You can only improve from here, especially if you keep trying. Like anything else, reward is related to effort. Keep shooting!

:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to go better than years ago when I played.

I remember I couldn't even pass the first phase. :D

I believe I get more points.

That’s good news! A new PB already. Plenty of time to play even better.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156808

Ugh. Shmups. On the bright side, there's plenty of room for improvement.

You have the world record on Galaga [Fast Shot Speed] Points [Tournament]. That's an excellent shmup score.

Big improvements maybe on this game too ... :unsure

It takes some practice and some furniture protection ... :laugh: