Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

MGLXLII - Game 1 ~ 1942 (closes 15-Dec)

First game in quite a while and I was never any good at 1942. Very addictive but I can’t get the hang of using roll and I think to get the big scores you really need to spend a lot of time with the 2 outrigger planes POWer up. I mean yeah it seems obvious but it’s not helping me :lol

And with moon patrol active I’m going to find it very hard to keep playing this one :p

BD0AEA66-F342-4FCC-A386-9CA7688B6CA7.thumb.jpg.af83cb068e3d29c3e2b494fc0a310cf0.jpg

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First game in quite a while and I was never any good at 1942. Very addictive but I can’t get the hang of using roll and I think to get the big scores you really need to spend a lot of time with the 2 outrigger planes POWer up. I mean yeah it seems obvious but it’s not helping me :lol

And with moon patrol active I’m going to find it very hard to keep playing this one :p

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156963

I find 1942 takes a lot of practice and plenty of dropped coins .... maybe a mountain full of them.

Anyway now is a good time to play. Everybody's firing up their wings and joyriding through enemy air space.

:026:

- - - Updated - - -

Nice 42 score.

I haven't heard of the name Iago, since I read about that character in Shakespeare's Othello. And that was decades ago. One possible acronym answer is International Abstract Games Organization.

Out of gaming interest, why did you pick this name?

• Super Moderator

When I'm playing this game I always feel like i'm swimming the English channel but the other coast line never gets any closer and then I realise that Arcade Apnoea has creep in (yes it's a real thing, first diagnosed in the arcade on the 1975 Gun Fight and later on the Atari 2600 version of Pong, where the player out of complete boredom stops breathing, sometimes up to minutes at a time) aaand then I die and the game over euphoria sweeps over me, my eyes sink back into their sockets, the redness drains from my face, I swallow my mouthful of Bourbon (finally)and reach for the escape button.

Now where was I, oh yea

19420010.png.00cb73a2c6ed4d76d46bf634340b5fea.png

Nicely done! What's tomorrows goal? :cool:

I'll see what may come over the weekend maybe 250k, 260K....300K

also want to target 100K+ on MP

then there's Roc n Rope

and there are Donkey Kong withdrawals to deal with....oooouw

Sleep sleep must remember to sleep

I'll see what may come over the weekend maybe 250k, 260K....300K

also want to target 100K+ on MP

then there's Roc n Rope

and there are Donkey Kong withdrawals to deal with....oooouw

Sleep sleep must remember to sleep

A busy life is a very good thing. Woops, correction: A busy video gaming life is a very good thing. Yes that's better.

I like what you are doing!

:026:

I haven't heard of the name Iago, since I read about that character in Shakespeare's Othello. And that was decades ago. One possible acronym answer is International Abstract Games Organization.

Out of gaming interest, why did you pick this name?

54,290 19420014.png.30c326fadc10798b4b0604b91da5c913.png

It combines my interest in classic literature (the Bard rocks) and classic arcade gaming.