Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb system 3 display controller pcb resistor value

Adzy8383

Question

I am repairing a street fighter 2 for a mate. His display controller has shit the bed. I found a bad cap (c26) was out of specs with bad esr. I located a open resistor at r13. I’m assuming the cap drew to much current through the circuit and opened the resistor and replacing those parts could fix the issue.

While probing around I found a resistor at r18 that measured at 4.3-4.4k ohms when the manual says it’s to be 4.7k ohms. Strangely the colour code yellow, white, pink( which must be violet or orange) and gold is as follows-

If the pink is violet the resistance would be 490000k ohms if the pink is orange it would be 49k ohms. So both don’t equal 4.7kohms.

I’m hoping someone with a working system 3 could measure the resistance of that resistor (r18) and tell me if they get between 4.3 ohms and 4.5K ohms in circuit if not what’s does it measure out of circuit?.

Thanks heaps guys.

Adrian

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade

2 answers to this question

Your 4.3 to 4.4k is in the ball park, I think R12 is the same value you could compare. The odd colours could be faded due to heat. C26 is filtering the +5volt rail, unrelated to the high voltage section.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156707

Thanks heap mate. I think that helps confirm it the pink is suppose to be red regardless of the colour not matching the one next to it- maybe the factory was running low on red die that day

Sent from my iPhone using Aussie Arcade