Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Powder coating

dmeca

Question

Restoring our black rose and thinking about doing gold powder coating. Does anyone know the cost to get legs, lockdown bar, coin door, and side rails powder coated? Can you recommend someone in melb that does it?

Thanks

Not sure about the cost for pinball parts, but I am in the process of getting 2 controller handles and a 90cm long seating bracket powder coated at Rattray Powder Coating in Sunshine, the quote was $60.

They came highly recommended by a mate who uses them regularly.

Should get the parts back within a week, so will report back.

I got charged $80 for the lockdown bar, the two rails and the two swing hinges for the back box. I also got a graffiti coating put on the lockdown bar to protect it.

$15 a piece plus $5 for the clear coat on lock down.

True Powdercoating Narangba. QLD 4504.

Second time I have used them with no issues and only 5 mins drive from my place.

AKA George

Got some guitar parts powdercoated from:

Hilustre Coatings

55-57 Lipton St

Thomastown

9462 1066

but he said i needed to dechrome them first, so he sent me to:

Chromer/Dechromer (Forgot the name)

26 Mercedes Drv

Thomastown

9466 2700

If you have chrome, go there first.

Can't remember pricing and they were guitar parts not pinball parts.

Not sure about the cost for pinball parts, but I am in the process of getting 2 controller handles and a 90cm long seating bracket powder coated at Rattray Powder Coating in Sunshine, the quote was $60.

Awesome I only live 15min away. Just gotta clean all the parts up and will give them a go.

Got some guitar parts powdercoated from:

Hilustre Coatings

55-57 Lipton St

Thomastown

9462 1066

but he said i needed to dechrome them first, so he sent me to:

Chromer/Dechromer (Forgot the name)

26 Mercedes Drv

Thomastown

9466 2700

If you have chrome, go there first.

Can't remember pricing and they were guitar parts not pinball parts.

Thanks, All mine are brushed steel except the coin door which is painted black. Will make sure to strip all the paint and get all the parts cleaned up.

Yes, I have got a number of items powder coated before. Generally I get 4 x legs, 2 x rails, 2 x headbox hinges, coin door (about 10 items). Usually costs me between $110 - $130, so anything around that or cheaper I guess is pretty good value. I use two companies locally, one in Bayswater and another in Oakleigh Sth. I also use an electroplating company in Huntingdale that does awesome chrome finishes (silver, gold, etc.), but this service is much more costly than powder coating.

Do you need to do any prep on the parts? Obviously get rid of rust but anything else?

If you prep the parts well enough then that will be cheaper than if they have to. Usually they will blast the parts clean of contaminants at an extra cost.

Yes, I have got a number of items powder coated before. Generally I get 4 x legs, 2 x rails, 2 x headbox hinges, coin door (about 10 items). Usually costs me between $110 - $130, so anything around that or cheaper I guess is pretty good value. I use two companies locally, one in Bayswater and another in Oakleigh Sth. I also use an electroplating company in Huntingdale that does awesome chrome finishes (silver, gold, etc.), but this service is much more costly than powder coating.

Which place in Bayswater? I’m literally about to go out know hunting for a powdercoater.

Which place in Bayswater? I’m literally about to go out know hunting for a powdercoater.

I use two powder coating services:

1) JUST POWDER COATING - 2/176 Canterbury Rd, Bayswater Nth 3153, (03) 9720 6737

2) ARVEX POWDER COATING - 14 Fulton St, Oakleigh Sth 3167, (03) 9543 1973

I use two powder coating services:

1) JUST POWDER COATING - 2/176 Canterbury Rd, Bayswater Nth 3153, (03) 9720 6737

2) ARVEX POWDER COATING - 14 Fulton St, Oakleigh Sth 3167, (03) 9543 1973

We may have to have a chat at the Party. [emoji846]

We lost our guy in Newy and he did the sand blasting before coating at a good price.

Or chemical strip on aprons (old games) as they’re too thin to blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can go to the local tyre guy and ask them who they use to reco mag wheels. Most have a preferred person. The mag wheel reco guys sandblast the rims and powder coat the rims. Sand blasting is often to abrasive especially on magnesium rims and use powder, beads or some other softer form to strip but the results are good as is the powder coating.

Went to Rattray today. Dropped off legs, lock bar, side rails, back box hinges, bolts, 2 ramps and apron protector. He gona repair the lock bar too. All cleaned and powder coated for $220. Looking forward to picking it up!

• Like 2

Went to Rattray today. Dropped off legs, lock bar, side rails, back box hinges, bolts, 2 ramps and apron protector. He gona repair the lock bar too. All cleaned and powder coated for $220. Looking forward to picking it up!

How do u powder coat bolts ie protect the thread?

Are there any powder coaters recommended in SA by members of this forum?

How do u powder coat bolts ie protect the thread?

Are there any powder coaters recommended in SA by members of this forum?

I've seen vids where they just poke the bolts through pieces of cardboard and just spray the heads.

• Like 1