Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Virtual Pinball TV vertical viewing angle

I have a plan to build a virtual pinball for a friend.

My question is about the LED TV and it's viewing angle.

I know very well that if you want nice viewing angle from PC monitor it must be with IPS panel.All other panels have very bad viewing angle.

But if I can remember TV's panels are more good and I think their vertical viewing angle is very good.

Can you confirm this?

I will buy some cheap 40" LED TV and usually the specification of TV usually don't have viewing angles values,for comparison all PC monitor have this in their specifications.

Yes, and the response was above. The answer is based on the TV you are looking at, you are looking the above characteristics. Viewing angle is on most spec sheets, anything over 16 I would avoid. You want to be able see it and pay with it. Ips panels are often not so good with black grey contrast, another thing to avoid, and so on. Therefore, a combination of characteristics above including price, size, etc.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

That website doesn't give the specifications you're after. Maybe search for the models separately with the word specification.

Also smart TV's will give you a little to no benefit in your virtual pinball cab and will potentially at a whole bunch of lag.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk

It's bloody hard to shop for a panel for your cabinet as you can't really go into a store, ask them to lay the panel flat on a table and hook it up to a pc, then check the view angle :)

I've used a few different panels as playfields over the years and i just took pot luck but always bought a quality brand. (2nd hand... never spent more than $150) so a good quality older samsung or a sony bravia. No issues with view angles even in the ones 10 years old.

With so many cheap chinese brands around now, results will vary...

• 1 month later...

I built a cab last spring and used a 40" hisense 1080 that I got during the black friday sales. I know should have gone for a 4k 43" but this was all a experiment for me at the time. It turned out really good and looks great. I have the screen running parallel with tthe top of the cab as I didn't want to worry about the viewing angle. I started out with a mockup with some amazon boxes on my pool table.

So just look at your choices at a steep angle at the store and you should be able to get a fairly good idea of what it will look like.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have stutter issues with mine

It's the refresh rate on the cheap 39.5" dse tv

So I have gone with a dell 30" ips back screen fits perfect in a standard back box 1mm gap

Just got my hands on a Phillips 40" 4k monitor which will fit like a glove when I pick it up

But the main one was it gaps around screens

With a 1050ti when should be good

I’ve built a couple of vpins now and for no worries on viewing angle pickup a cheap 1080p commercial digital display monitor. They have great colour saturation and no post processing so better response times. If you are lucky and watch gumtree or FB they can be had for as little as $100.

ive used an NEC424 and it is just amazing.