Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Super Duper Pop Bumper Lighting

thegrunta666

I decided to see if I could spruce up the traditional Pop Bumper lighting with something really spiffy ....and I did. Sorry about the quality of the video, trust me, this looks awesome in real life.

Hopefully I'm the first on the planet to do this....unless of course its been done before? Gotta love addressable LEDs. :) DE Pop Bumper with Clear Top , 24 LEDs in total.

[video=youtube_share;2kqTsVtL5-s]

Sweet. I'm after something much simpler and looks like I'll be making them as well because I can't find anything like what I'm after. Outer ring LEDs face down to light up around the bumper on the playfield for GI, (Black Pyramid is a dark machine) and inner ring LEDs face up. These are controlled. Off is 100 points, ON is 1000 points and flashing is 3000 points.

Those you made do look sweet and as far as I know, never done before.

Sweet. I'm after something much simpler and looks like I'll be making them as well because I can't find anything like what I'm after. Outer ring LEDs face down to light up around the bumper on the playfield for GI, (Black Pyramid is a dark machine) and inner ring LEDs face up. These are controlled. Off is 100 points, ON is 1000 points and flashing is 3000 points.

Those you made do look sweet and as far as I know, never done before.

Have a look at what Comet Pinball has

https://www.cometpinball.com/collections/pop-bumpers

The two listed there are both single circuit unfortunately. While they are LEDs, they will only do what the LED bulb in the bumper is doing as it is now. In need something that has a circuit for the GI and one for the switched. LEDs that face down on the outer ring for the GI and up for the inner ring to light the cap.

I'll get off my **** sooner or later and make them but it would be nice if someone had PC boards already made I could mod to get them to do what I need.

The two listed there are both single circuit unfortunately. While they are LEDs, they will only do what the LED bulb in the bumper is doing as it is now. In need something that has a circuit for the GI and one for the switched. LEDs that face down on the outer ring for the GI and up for the inner ring to light the cap.

I'll get off my **** sooner or later and make them but it would be nice if someone had PC boards already made I could mod to get them to do what I need.

You can flip the ring, and you can wire them to a separate supply each. Just gotta get creative :D

Nice work mate! I've been thinking about doing something similar for flipper buttons with the rounded addressable LED strips.

But first, I need to get my addressable LED chaser mod for my Black Knight Pro ramp done first.

I wont be selling them, but all the parts I found on ebay . Problem is they are run off an Arduino that has to be programmed...

Arh my son’s forte. Maybe an enhancement to the pinball cake for next year???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mate, so what are you planning on using to trigger this display of awesomeness? Will never end if it goes through the full loop every time a bumper is hit.

I assume they would work off arduino compatible boards such as the Wemos D1 mini, which you can get for around $3.50:

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/7009617399

Would love to see a copy of the arduino code.

Mate, so what are you planning on using to trigger this display of awesomeness? Will never end if it goes through the full loop every time a bumper is hit.

I assume they would work off arduino compatible boards such as the Wemos D1 mini, which you can get for around $3.50:

https://www.ebay.com.au/p/7009617399

Would love to see a copy of the arduino code.

"No Code for You !" :lol regards The Code Nazi :D