Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

What Pinball Do You find Yourself Playing Every day

punkin

For those with more than a few pinballs, what keeps your interest?

I know with mine i have space for 3-4 machines out the front of the place where we sit and socialize, so those machines get more play than the others. But i do rotate them.

i also know there is the honeymoon period with a new machine etc, but there is some machines here that get much more play than any others.

The one i play multiple games on every day is the cheapest pinball in my collection, Orbit 1.

To me it's just got everything that pinball is, a strategy to get the lights lit, a target to get the bonuses lit, and then to hit the bonus shots. It's fast enough that it fires at the flippers sometimes quicker than i can react, it has the lights and sounds and i play it over and over every day, it has one shot on the board that is really difficult and relies on luck (the B). It's really simple, but a good game is satisfying, and a bad game makes you press the button again and again. I only bought it because i felt sorry for the seller trying to get rid of it and no-one wanted it, but i am very grateful to have it.

If i was told i had to get rid of all but one i'd be hard pressed to let it go. I just think it's geometry is perfect.

The other ones i play are Deadpool, and Tommy. Over and over.

These are the machines that get the love from my mates too, although some of my mates have an attachment to The Hobbit and some to Pinball Magic. The other machines only get played in comp or by myself late at night.

Tell us about your lasting machines, the one you press the button on every time you walk past and why?

For me it's geometry that makes it perfect, and art that makes it beautiful.

I know with mine i have space for 3-4 machines out the front of the place where we sit and socialize, so those machines get more play than the others. But i do rotate them.

i also know there is the honeymoon period with a new machine etc, but there is some machines here that get much more play than any others.

The one i play multiple games on every day is the cheapest pinball in my collection, Orbit 1.

To me it's just got everything that pinball is, a strategy to get the lights lit, a target to get the bonuses lit, and then to hit the bonus shots. It's fast enough that it fires at the flippers sometimes quicker than i can react, it has the lights and sounds and i play it over and over every day, it has one shot on the board that is really difficult and relies on luck (the B). It's really simple, but a good game is satisfying, and a bad game makes you press the button again and again. I only bought it because i felt sorry for the seller trying to get rid of it and no-one wanted it, but i am very grateful to have it.

If i was told i had to get rid of all but one i'd be hard pressed to let it go. I just think it's geometry is perfect.

These are the machines that get the love from my mates too, although some of my mates have an attachment to The Hobbit and some to Pinball Magic. The other machines only get played in comp or by myself late at night.

Tell us about your lasting machines, the one you press the button on every time you walk past and why?

FLASH....Designed by the King of flow...Fish & Chip shop quality, I love the sound and gameplay and it is from my youth. I get what some say about the background noise but it is dull as **** without it....

Most played in collection....

And I'm not selling PUNKIN...Ripleys is least played....

FLASH....Designed by the King of flow...Fish & Chip shop quality, I love the sound and gameplay and it is from my youth. I get what some say about the background noise but it is dull as **** without it....

Most played in collection....

And I'm not selling PUNKIN...Ripleys is least played....

I'll weasel it out of you somehow. I reckon it will be by having something you want. Might start a pool on how long it takes...:lol

eagleeye.jpg.02f6a9104c45eb0e6d72ba95b74948cf.jpg

• Like 1

The games that are in my game room/workshop constantly rotate, and I don't have any "turds" (or games I "don't like"?).

Having said that, I somehow find it is the simpler and older games that suck me into pushing start again and again and again. Maybe it's partly the "short game is a good game" thing, who knows. Examples it is hard to choose between like SoF, Alien Star, Seawitch and Space Station. All very unique and awesome games.

For me its Firepower.

One of Steve Richies finest designs IMO.

An immortal SS Clsssic.

The game that sucked the most of my 20c coins back in the 80's arcade days. (40 odd years ago now)

Whips my arse 99% of the time but I always come back for more punishment.

One day I will actually swap in my Gold CPR playfield even though I know that will make it more Brutal to play than ever.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Aussie Arcade mobile app

As seems to be the trend here it is the older games that keep me coming back. Bally and Stern solid State. Probably Meteor and Harlem Globetrotters are the ones that get my attention the most. Like I always say it's just good fun pinball from that era with a simple rule set and great flow/geometry. Simple sound package or chimes and the best era for art in pinball just the perfect all round package.

sent from somewhere in the colony [emoji220]

• Like 1

I tend to focus solely on one game and play it constantly for months on end, rarely putting games on any of my other pins. Then I’ll happen to play another machine (maybe a mate dropped over) and I rediscover the enjoyment I had for that machine and I’m fixated. It certainly kept me entertained over the years and have not sold a machine yet - I simply love them all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great thread and very interesting reading the posts of those that do not play that often? For me it is about the playing and rule set of the machine.I have had many machines over the years and currently have in my collection Alien LE{probably keep till I go to the pinball heaven or hell out there).Breakshot(because it reminds me of when pinball was hot)The Mafia(a newbie based on the first pins)Tommy(because it has balls)The Sopranos(just give me the money)and finally a digital bingo from Denmark(because the Bally ems just kept on breaking down)

Don't play as much as I could, so apart from the once a month comps and occasional trips to a pinball bar for the social aspect I don't play at home much.

Until I got JM I played mostly Ironman. I have all my games set up hard, well except the new acquisitions (JM & Stern GP) and it seems to be more of a "I think I will play X tonight. Have a couple of drinks whilst playing for an hour or two and absolutely love it. May not do it again for a few more weeks.

I think sometimes we spoil ourselves with too many choices, I do tend to play more with mates... I should actually practice though. :)

• Like 1

Yeah i'm in about the same situation. I have 3 machines up the front so they get the plays most. Usually a mate will say 'Let's play such and such' and i'll let em play by themselves. Sometimes they pick one i want to play and it'll be a game or two.

But when i walk past a machine the ones that get me when i should be working, or cooking or watching tv of an evening are 90% Orbit 1 and 10% Spy Hunter. Deadpool and Tommy get a run now and then too.