Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

The 3DO M2 - my odyssey in collecting and coding for an unreleased console!

The first of nine tech demos I have recently acquired and gotten to run (with help) on real M2 hardware. Same hardware that powered the Konami M2 arcade games. (they aren't inter operable but home M2 harware does exist)

This was shown at 90's trade shows in regards to the gpu power of the M2. Fun to see it running in real time and being interacted with.

Hopefully I am not the only 3DO fan on here? lol not sure if you Aussie folk got the 3DO down there?

Cool! If my memory serves The 3DO did make it to Australia, but it was very short-lived in the console market here, due to it's extremely high price, small library of games and poor take-up from customers. Always had very impressive games, but like most places, back then Sega and Nintendo ruled the console universe here.

A few, but nothing worth purchasing the console for. It has an awesome version of Need for Speed and a very funny and addictive game called Star Control II. Most of the other games are just ports from various arcade games. The 3DO games were always amazing ports though, some of the best in the business.

• Administrators

Wow the Intellivision is right up there too. I know it was pricey but not that much. Loved that system. I didn't have one but a mate did and we spent a LOT of time playing it.

Brad

Wow the Intellivision is right up there too. I know it was pricey but not that much. Loved that system. I didn't have one but a mate did and we spent a LOT of time playing it.

Brad

The queue at Big W to play their Intellivisions was always huge :) I'd wait however long it took, it was such an amazing machine at launch.

• Administrators
The queue at Big W to play their Intellivisions was always huge :) I'd wait however long it took, it was such an amazing machine at launch.

The issue was the responsiveness on those damn controllers. The disc and side buttons got dirty and crappy VERY easily making gaming frustrating at times.

We played a lot of B17 Bomber, Sea Battle, M1 Abrams?, Ice Hockey and Some Horse Racing Game

Brad