Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Alien and Alien LE -- Owners Thread

gfh

I am wanting to set up a thread for owners of Alien and Alien Le machines around the country.Thought it would be helpful to cross reference any issues with the machines. Edited by furballx

• Administrators

Good idea. I edited your post title to read "Owners Thread" for a bit of clarity. Let me know if you are not happy with this change or you can re-edit it yourself (Edit-Go Advanced).

Also, if you come across problems with the game that are common please add a thread in the following section and link it here....

https://www.aussiearcade.com/forumdisplay.php/110-Common-Problems-listed-by-Machine-Manufacturer

Dave

This is great! .... the Alien info is the only reason I started going to pinside. Because there was nothing but crickets here!

Awesome! :023:

Roumor is, also, that there is "Alien" coming out in the new year, from somewhere... unknown as to wether this is meant to be "vault" style, or a newly developed game. The suggestion seems to be Pinball Bros. though.

I would hope it is a vault/remake... hard to see the sense in any other form from here (game/playfield at least). HP Alien is a fantastic game, we're Loving it!. If they change the playfield/game, it will certainly be a tough act to follow!

*also, there is already an Alien thread in here that nobody posts in. ? ... perhaps they could be merged? ... or put this in the tech support section rather than "new pinball"?

@TimeBandit is making some great upgrades as well!

• Administrators
This is great! .... the Alien info is the only reason I started going to pinside. Because there was nothing but crickets here!

Awesome! :023:

Roumor is, also, that there is "Alien" coming out in the new year, from somewhere... unknown as to wether this is meant to be "vault" style, or a newly developed game. The suggestion seems to be Pinball Bros. though.

I would hope it is a vault/remake... hard to see the sense in any other form from here (game/playfield at least). HP Alien is a fantastic game, we're Loving it!. If they change the playfield/game, it will certainly be a tough act to follow!

*also, there is already an Alien thread in here that nobody posts in. ? ... perhaps they could be merged? ... or put this in the tech support section rather than "new pinball"?

@TimeBandit is making some great upgrades as well!

You mean this one? https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/69565-Alien-next-for-Heighway?highlight=alien+from+heighway

Almost 800 posts and 50000 views last post back in July. What happened back in July to stop you guys from posting in it? Seems like there was plenty of interest up until then. :unsure

I'm interested in hearing why the thread hit a brick wall also. Not really much I can do if you guys want to take the discussion elsewhere.

Probably cause there are bugger all of these in the wild, and the majority that are out there are still sitting in the box like mine.

Less than 200 units, and probably less than 15 in Australia. From what I've seen it's only 5 or 6 people globally who are providing the info on maintenance for this game, and most of those are Americans because the early games they got were pretty much non-functional after a week of use.

You mean this one? https://www.aussiearcade.com/showthread.php/69565-Alien-next-for-Heighway?highlight=alien+from+heighway

Almost 800 posts and 50000 views last post back in July. What happened back in July to stop you guys from posting in it? Seems like there was plenty of interest up until then. :unsure

I'm interested in hearing why the thread hit a brick wall also. Not really much I can do if you guys want to take the discussion elsewhere.

Also most of Australias last late run (good) container shipment got flipped overseas in the blink of an eye, due to the lack of interest (or unwillingness to pay Stupid money due to competition) here, and the high collector demand from O/S.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder how many AAers have one.

I know of at least 3 in SA, two of us rural here have Alien. SA got Gameplay exposure during the hype, due to the ACS in Adelaide having one prototype there, and people Loving it. A good friend of mine bought one in from NSW after playing a production copy at 2018 flipout. The "Alien" population seems to be highest in SA atm. Seems like there are 8-10, at the most, currently in Oz.

Here's my mate and I learning to play one of our Aliens after installing the 1.20 code update.

Sorry that it's just shonky dark mobile phone footage. I'm really considering getting more into propper streaming of Pinball! :038:

This game certainly doesn't deserve to be left lying around in a box @sleazius :p

No exageration, it is easily one of the best pinball games I have ever been privelaged to play! ( if not The Best :o )

Also the 1.20 code and firmware updates are pretty much a game changer!!

The exchange rate at the time when Wayne got that last container didn’t help. The only reason I got one was because I was talking with Wayne about it prior to him securing that last container.

Yeah I was talking with him too back then. But at that point in time it would have taken me months to get within savings of that price range, and the time was limited as US buyers were starting to make ludicrous offers to import the Oz games back to the US.

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn’t be in the box if I had anywhere to put it. Quite a few machines that haven’t been unpacked here at the moment.

Yeah can empathise with the space issue... just stirring :064:

Seriously though... maybee it's worth putting a couple of others in boxes, and digging this gem out? :cool:

*Get a Playfield protector!!

One issue we found was the edge of the playfield screen insert, delaminating the hardfacing layer from the lower edge, the ball running up across the ever so slight edge causing it to start to lift, then deteriorate.

*Get a Playfield protector!!!!

For me it has to be in the top 10 of pinballs ever.Would be number 1 if there was a manual. This would solve a number of glitches especially around the I/O boards.

I agree. It's almost #1 without even the manual. It is Goooood!

You have played with the "post Heighway collapse" v1.20 code? (by the original coder, but as a love job)

Anyone thought the game was good before this code... the update will blow your puny pinhead mind!!! :073:

- - - Updated - - -

I’ll get it out once I get the floor done in the batcave. I made the mistake of having Deadpool LE taken out of the box and it remains on its back unplayed. There are 5 others staying in the box till I get it sorted out.

@Dedrok will bring another 4 back soon, and probably another 4 on the way from Adelaide so i’m in full storage mode at the moment.

I agree. It's almost #1 without even the manual. It is Goooood!

You have played with the "post Heighway collapse" v1.20 code? (by the original coder, but as a love job)

Anyone thought the game was good before this code... the update will blow your puny pinhead mind!!! :073:

- - - Updated - - -

My machine is an LE and has the most recent code when it plays there is nothing better but have gone through 3 I/O boards to date. Which reminds me that there seem to be three colour types of board in these machines.Red,Blue ,Black. Has anyone had issues with their boards if so what colour?

My machine is an LE and has the most recent code when it plays there is nothing better but have gone through 3 I/O boards to date. Which reminds me that there seem to be three colour types of board in these machines.Red,Blue ,Black. Has anyone had issues with their boards if so what colour?

The Blue ones you want!

There have been some cases though of these (best/latest) Blue boards having the USB connector socket come away. Strain relief VERY important for USB (and other) cables. Also this issue has been repaired, and made Better by some that have had the issue. Requires a rework station, no soldering iron.

The Blue ones you want!

There have been some cases though of these (best/latest) Blue boards having the USB connector socket come away. Strain relief VERY important for USB (and other) cables. Also this issue has been repaired, and made Better by some that have had the issue. Requires a rework station, no soldering iron.

Funny you should mention the blue ones as they have been the replacement boards.But one gets the I/O board no 1 missing now? Someone mentioned the USB connector problem but also changing to a ferritte core type.

Funny you should mention the blue ones as they have been the replacement boards.But one gets the I/O board no 1 missing now? Someone mentioned the USB connector problem but also changing to a ferritte core type.

Yes, high end USB cables are a must, but there is potential for poor quality joint or damaged connection to board at the socket. Has caused issues for some. I can not stress enough how important well executed strain relief is for these cables and their connectors.

Are all of your boards Blue?

Also v1.4B?

Aparently mixing them together can cause issues as well.

there was one in Qld

one is WA

one is SA

three in NSW one sold to SA

one in Victoria

so 7 in Australia I sold

another customer I refused to sell to based on problems and parts at the time who imported one in himself to Victoria So 7 out of 24 games, so the other 17 sold back to the USA Canada and UK.

I also received a pallet of parts like trough boards, leds, ball sensors, IO boards, Complete Xeno mechs, Tounge Boards, Facehuggers, Backglass and side panels in PETG.

most early IO boards needed a mod to the board that we did on the 1.4b boards we have.

They really need to run a good qty USB cable and remove all the others playfield ones to shorter ones and use a USB buss

Yes, high end USB cables are a must, but there is potential for poor quality joint or damaged connection to board at the socket. Has caused issues for some. I can not stress enough how important well executed strain relief is for these cables and their connectors.

Are all of your boards Blue?

Also v1.4B?

Aparently mixing them together can cause issues as well.

I have 1.4. Did not know about 1.4B. How does one get this update?

I have 1.4. Did not know about 1.4B. How does one get this update?

We ordered some final revision boards from the Freeplay store in Sweden. Daniel provides a great service.

Do your boards have only "v1.4" printed on them? (without the 'B') ... What colour are they? ... are your IO boards all the same, or mix n matched?

What about the IO board error... What is the history of that board? ... is it the same version as the other boards?

https://www.free-play.se/en/electronics/circuit-boards/alien-full-throttle-io-board-v14b.html

This turns out to be the best place to get them.

We ordered some final revision boards from the Freeplay store in Sweden. Daniel provides a great service.

Do your boards have only "v1.4" printed on them? (without the 'B') ... What colour are they? ... are your IO boards all the same, or mix n matched?

What about the IO board error... What is the history of that board? ... is it the same version as the other boards?

https://www.free-play.se/en/electronics/circuit-boards/alien-full-throttle-io-board-v14b.html

The boards are blue and YES are v1.4b. Currently 3 in use and I will change the other so they are all the same. Unfortunately the I/O error refers to one of the changed boards.I think All the USB cables will need to be upgraded.

They say out of stock we have them $300 AUD each, these are all NOS