Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Your Pinball Firsts

Coon82

Something like this has probably been done before but nevertheless for a bit of fun and a conversation starter I thought I'd start this thread!

So I've had pinball's for over 10 years now and would deem myself a collector for at least the last 5-6 years of that. It's in my nature but not sure you can call yourself a collector with 1 game, hence my self confessed status. Having 10 games and after literally just selling my first game it's a time to reflect :o:022::):(:o:confused::blink::119::075::021::018::cya:

So this thread is:

a) What was your first game purchased and why?

b) what was the first game you sold and why?

For me:

a) LoTR - Being a newb and not really knowing what was best to go with. I spent a lot of time looking around. theme was important to me, last-ability and to a point popularity if I ever needed to sell. Love this theme and got to appreciate the depth and game play as I became more into (obsessed) with pinball.

b) Whirlwind - This was kind of a tough decision. I got the game off Nino at APR (as a full recondition). As I've often found he did a great job and my little guy really loved the interactive fan (as did I). He didn't fully understand why Bill took it away in his Big Ass Van so it took a bit of negotiation to keep him happy :). It was actually me second game ever, and although fun, I played it least and didn't have a personal collection with the game. It also helped me justify spending more on a more desirable game ;)

So over to you!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A, Jungle princess for $20 (still won’t it)

B, firepower because I needed the space for the factory full of games I bought [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still own it stupid bloody auto correct

still won’t (work)

shit tech :P

centaur off a shifty bloke in bayswater.. ( we know how that worked out)

cant remember which one i sold first but similar to daniel ..i needed money for the factory full of games I bought ( not the same factory)

Jacks Open $100 had it for 25 years, and numerous other EMs

Sold Jack Open, the kids had grown up and didn’t think I needed it as I stupidly thought I was getting out of the hobby........but the hobby had other ideas. Within a month I had 3 DMDs and was lured back by the silverball.

Nice! So how long have you had Flash for?

My first machine, didn't even know about pinball before buying it. Bought it before joining AA so at least 9 years.

Was at Brisbane Masters this year and ran without an issue, now signed by Steve Richie too

My first machine, didn't even know about pinball before buying it. Bought it before joining AA so at least 9 years.

Was at Brisbane Masters this year and ran without an issue, now signed by Steve Richie too ��

Sorry Ray, I do remember a little issue?

It wouldn't take my money 1st day.

Otherwise flawless.

I want your backglass

Still most played in my collection

1st Ripley's

Sold

None of 8 - disease still kicking in...:lol

Only in infection stage...

First machine about 38 years ago Abra Ca Dabra swapped a slot car set for it.

First sold Abra Ca Dabra sold it for I think $150 about 36 years ago.

Then no machines till about 6 years ago

First Project DE Star wars.

First Project Sold DE Star Wars

First NIB AeroSmith.

• Administrators

Great thread.

First bought---Judge Dreed just over 11 years ago after a lot of advice and help from guys on AA. Bloody hell, it does not seem that long ago

First sold-- NONE to date. I worked hard to buy titles I knew I wanted to keep so up until now 5 games in, zero out.

Dave

First machine

Williams - Big Deal

about 25 years ago.

First Sold - Big Deal

Lots and lots bought and sold since

There's a bit of irony to your first sell Edy, or a pun :lol

- - - Updated - - -

Great thread.

First bought---Judge Dreed just over 11 years ago after a lot of advice and help from guys on AA. Bloody hell, it does not seem that long ago

First sold-- NONE to date. I worked hard to buy titles I knew I wanted to keep so up until now 5 games in, zero out.

Dave

Nice. Yep, amazing how quickly it goes.

Hear, hear. Can definitely appreciate that mindset. With what I have now I'd find it much harder parting with any of them so I'd anticipate my collection will either be quite static for for a long time or other rooms may need a new light feature! I've often said to my wife they make good bedside tables....:laugh:

- - - Updated - - -

Sinbad 25 years ago, had it for 3 days and had smoke coming out of headbox :confused:

I wasn't sure about liking this one....:(

• Administrators

Nice. Yep, amazing how quickly it goes.

Hear, hear. Can definitely appreciate that mindset. With what I have now I'd find it much harder parting with any of them so I'd anticipate my collection will either be quite static for for a long time or other rooms may need a new light feature! I've often said to my wife they make good bedside tables....:laugh:

It does not hurt that I now know over a dozen local guys I could call up and drop around for a game. Make a few mates in pinball and yo will never be short of games to play. The great strength in AA is the connections to like minded people it helps you make. I just wish I had the time to drop round and play a few games.... :(

b) Whirlwind - This was kind of a tough decision. I got the game off Nino at APR (as a full recondition). As I've often found he did a great job and my little guy really loved the interactive fan (as did I). He didn't fully understand why Bill took it away in his Big Ass Van so it took a bit of negotiation to keep him happy :). It was actually me second game ever, and although fun, I played it least and didn't have a personal collection with the game. It also helped me justify spending more on a more desirable game ;)

So over to you!

I'm very glad to be the recipient of your choice too.

Easy for me, first game was deadpool NIB this year and i am still to sell a game, although i have started trading them.

I'm very glad to be the recipient of your choice too.

Easy for me, first game was deadpool NIB this year and i am still to sell a game, although i have started trading them.

All good Garry, happy it worked out well for both of us. Bill too I guess!

I hope you enjoy it, should fit in your collection nicely.

- - - Updated - - -

It does not hurt that I now know over a dozen local guys I could call up and drop around for a game. Make a few mates in pinball and yo will never be short of games to play. The great strength in AA is the connections to like minded people it helps you make. I just wish I had the time to drop round and play a few games.... :(

Absolutely! Couldn't agree more.

For me, the last few years in particular have been the best in this hobby. Met a lot of great people and made some great friendships too.

There's a bit of irony to your first sell Edy, or a pun :lol

Lol. True

Mind you, a few years later I got back into it, with a deal in a nice refurbished Cue Ball Wizard which I was told was an Eight Ball Deluxe [emoji25].

Followed closely with Judge Dredd, Star Trek Next Gen and then a machine delivered each week until I hit 35 and ran out of room

Was quite some time before selling any, then downsized to 25 with a few trades here and there.

It’s also handy as Furbs said, knowing so many big collections around the country. Now I get to enjoy all of those too, not just repair them [emoji3]

Whirlwind, bought it after going to my first AA pinball meet and catching the pinball bug. I already had a stack of consoles and a few arcade machines and felt the need to foray into pinball. It only lasted around 3 weeks in my garage as I sucked at pinball and I found it so frustrating. I traded it in for an LAH, which was more suited to my skill level. That lasted for 6 months and started my foolishness of selling machines after 6-8 months of ownership.

I now know better and have held onto my current 4 machines, rather than buying and selling so quickly.

I still regret selling Whirlwind.

Whirlwind, bought it after going to my first AA pinball meet and catching the pinball bug. I already had a stack of consoles and a few arcade machines and felt the need to foray into pinball. It only lasted around 3 weeks in my garage as I sucked at pinball and I found it so frustrating. I traded it in for an LAH, which was more suited to my skill level. That lasted for 6 months and started my foolishness of selling machines after 6-8 months of ownership.

I now know better and have held onto my current 4 machines, rather than buying and selling so quickly.

I still regret selling Whirlwind.

What do you mean you sucked at pinball.....you still suck at pinball...:laugh: