Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Your Pinball Firsts

Coon82

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not including the $80 Golden Arrow I pestered my parents to buy back in 1984 and they sold for $150 not working a few years later.

First bought with my own money was a Bally Supersonic for $400. I went in to look at a Speakeasy but ended up with Supersonic instead.

First sold was a Gorgar for $150. I'd paid $600 for it. It was having a few issues which my mate who did my repairs said would be hard to fix. He rocked up at my place with another bloke one day "for a few games" and the two of them convinced me to sell Gorgar and talked me down from $500 to $150. Couldn't get it out the door quick enough. Next time I saw my so called mate I asked if he'd managed to fix it and was told "it was just a loose plug" that took 2 seconds to fix. 20 years later my arse still stings from the reaming it took that day. :cry

Sttng to operate in 1993 followed by wcs in 94. Sold them both due to market collapsing. Bought bsd in ~2011 for huo but sold it due to me getting bored of it.

Big fan of BSD. How long did you have yours Richard?

- - - Updated - - -

Not including the $80 Golden Arrow I pestered my parents to buy back in 1984 and they sold for $150 not working a few years later.

First bought with my own money was a Bally Supersonic for $400. I went in to look at a Speakeasy but ended up with Supersonic instead.

First sold was a Gorgar for $150. I'd paid $600 for it. It was having a few issues which my mate who did my repairs said would be hard to fix. He rocked up at my place with another bloke one day "for a few games" and the two of them convinced me to sell Gorgar and talked me down from $500 to $150. Couldn't get it out the door quick enough. Next time I saw my so called mate I asked if he'd managed to fix it and was told "it was just a loose plug" that took 2 seconds to fix. 20 years later my arse still stings from the reaming it took that day. :cry

Man that's rough.

Sorry Ray, I do remember a little issue?

It wouldn't take my money 1st day.

Otherwise flawless.

I want your backglass

Still most played in my collection

1st Ripley's

Sold

None of 8 - disease still kicking in...:lol

Only in infection stage...

Flash!

Flash!

Flash was my second and a half machine?

Ripley's then 1/2 share in Gilligans...

Then Flash...

Flash is popping up a bit here already....

I may stand corrected but the Flash layout / playfield has been used I think 4 times and has actually been produced more than TAF....

That may be why it keeps popping up.....Great game

Mine has that dirty smell too.....Makes me wonder when it might finally cook....I actually like the smell

I think it's petina of the smelly kind....

I may stand corrected but the Flash layout / playfield has been used I think 4 times and has actually been produced more than TAF....

I'm not aware of any that use a Flash layout other than overseas copys but I may be wrong. It was a funny machine Flash. When it come out everyone had to have one because they earned such great money. Williams stopped production when it was still selling very well for them at 19000 odd machines but I suspect they knew what was about to happen. Flash was everywhere and then they quickly got pulled. They stopped earning that great money. Many suspect it was a machine you got bored with that caused this but I honestly think it had more to do with the background sound. It did grate site owners the wrong way hearing it all day, every day and once the background sound was being asked to be turned off, so was the income.

It was Williams first real high earning machine and I think it proved to them, they had problems with there drop target design requiring high maintenance and there flipper mechs weren't very reliable either. They used to love breaking screws, bolts and tearing out of the playfield as seen by looking on the underside of any Flash around the flipper locations.

Flash was my second and a half machine?

Ripley's then 1/2 share in Gilligans...

Then Flash...

Flash is popping up a bit here already....

That may be why it keeps popping up.....Great game

Mine has that dirty smell too.....Makes me wonder when it might finally cook....I actually like the smell

I think it's petina of the smelly kind....

Kind of like the smell in a old car!

I'm not aware of any that use a Flash layout other than overseas copys but I may be wrong. It was a funny machine Flash. When it come out everyone had to have one because they earned such great money. Williams stopped production when it was still selling very well for them at 19000 odd machines but I suspect they knew what was about to happen. Flash was everywhere and then they quickly got pulled. They stopped earning that great money. Many suspect it was a machine you got bored with that caused this but I honestly think it had more to do with the background sound. It did grate site owners the wrong way hearing it all day, every day and once the background sound was being asked to be turned off, so was the income.

It was Williams first real high earning machine and I think it proved to them, they had problems with there drop target design requiring high maintenance and there flipper mechs weren't very reliable either. They used to love breaking screws, bolts and tearing out of the playfield as seen by looking on the underside of any Flash around the flipper locations.

I get it and agree, back in the day I just rode to the next fish & chip shop...or the next, flippers agree, most of I agree...It is still played like it is on site at a fish and chip or corner store...Still the biggest money earner here, I use it for my 20 cent coins as a money box.

And the big answer after watching a video from The Barn is FURIE....same as FLASH, possibly 2 more titles to investigate...

First game was Evel Knieval, bought it cos a workmate told me about his pinball purchase, cost was $250 sold it to buy another pinball and that's pretty much how I have self funded every coin op purchase for the last 30 odd years. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to do this. I can't imagine what a late model machine will cost in another 10-20yrs if that trend continues the way it has for me.

First game in was The Shadow, still have it in my collection.

First out was World Cup Soccer, great game but only had two at the time and it was just not deep enough.

First new in box, TRON baby! She will be the last to leave!

Got a partially working Fireball 2 as my first pin 5 years ago. Still feel a little sorry for the owner as his wife basically sold it for him as it had been sitting in the garage for so long.

My 3rd pin was the first to go. A Zaccaria Magic Castle that was brought back from the dead. Some cool features on it and that the pop up drop target is cool , but just didn't do it for me

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

Got a partially working Fireball 2 as my first pin 5 years ago. Still feel a little sorry for the owner as his wife basically sold it for him as it had been sitting in the garage for so long.

My 3rd pin was the first to go. A Zaccaria Magic Castle that was brought back from the dead. Some cool features on it and that the pop up drop target is cool , but just didn't do it for me

Sent from my SM-G925I using Aussie Arcade mobile app

It's been at Netherworld for ages and is affectionately known as MAGIC ASSHOLE!!!

Doctor Who in 2013 was my first..... still have it in my tiny collection

Space Invaders was my first sold..... it was a great pinny to play whilst partially restoring Doctor Who. Moved it on as I could not afford to give it the restoration love it truely needed.

First bought was MM, CV and WCS94 in the one deal. It was very nearly a NIB family guy the year before though. Spoke to Bruce about it, but just couldn’t pull the $7000 trigger. Outrageous coin at the time.

My wife used to tend the bar at Panthers when we were 18 in the 90s, they had approx 10 pins at the time, MM and WCS94 were my two favourite games to play there. When I finally found out you could buy a pin a decade later, those were the two I wanted. CV was 100% an impulse buy.

Couldn’t tell you what I sold first. I’ve kept the vast majority of games i’ve bought since then. The title i’ve sold the most is AFM, i’m on my third. Actually the first game I sold may have been TSPP, which was the sixth game I bought.

1st machine parts I touched. Klondike and Royal Guard playfields. Partially stripped. Become a HomeBrew and school project. Cleaned up. Top marks. hero in the school for a short while.

1st bought...Strikes & Spares. Goddard employee discount when they closed up. $200. They were paying me $80 a week at the time straight for High School. That machine after about 2 weeks of home use went into the local football club @ 20 a game. Two months later bought a Duotron and Jungle Queen with the S&S income. They went in beside the S&S @ 10 a game/20 for 3.

1st sold...Wild Life although they all go sooner or later. Probably had about 80 titles all up, overhauling, getting played before going through my hands but never more than 4 at a time. Never found the need for the home parlour myself but I'm really glad for those that do.

Number now.....3

First pin for me was a Williams Blue Chip (1976) which had comestic issues which I bought early in 2006.

I knew nothing about how a pinball worked when I bought it but about 6 months later I found a second one that had been sitting in a shed for 20+ years but in better shape and had all the paperwork . Luckily I knew how to read a schematic

I spent about 3 weeks fiddling in all my spare time to get that going , mostly using the schematic and manual, and that's how I learnt how EM's worked .

Made one good machine out of 2 and sold the worst one as a working project .

Eventually sold Blue Chip some years later to make room for something else but it was played to death by both me and our 2 daughters for quite a while .

First pin bought was a Fathom in 1994 from Mr. Shaloub for $600 in great condition. Played it for a year until something went wrong with the solenoids and back then didn't have the knowledge, contacts, resources so traded it in for a Bally Space Invaders = 2nd game.

Got bored with that pretty quick so traded that in with cash for a Fishtales in 1996. Still have that one - you may have seen it at Pinfest over the years.

Stayed at the one game (fishtales) for a few years then the disease started to rage about Y2K and off we go.

Next was a Gilligans, then a Creech from Mr. Shaloub(still got that one).

A lot of games have come and gone and now have had my 3rd Fathom for over 10 years.

The collection had morphed into 15 at one stage and I had to get a grip on myself and say whoa, settle down fella - LOL

Sold a few off in the last year so now I'm down to a manageable 12 (ish - LOL)

Like Furbs mentioned. The people I've met along the way and proud to call friends is the icing on the cake for me.

It's now beer oclock;)

My first one was Bram Stokers Dracula (aka BSD)

I bought it from @millsy56 (but he wasn't millsy56 to me, just some ebay person)

I took the kids for a look after our Saturday morning swim

I told them to say "oh yeah it looks OK'... don't act too interested

But after a game they said "Dad let's get it!!"

Millsy came over and gave me a hand to set it up and went over everything with me

I still have it now - it has had some enhancements along the way

Similar trend - have half a garage full of toys now :lol

First game was Black Pyramid, brought it about 15 years ago.

Added another 3 to the collection over the years.

Still have them all, can't see myself selling any of them.

Had two black pyramids in very different conditions and have sold them both. Bummer. The best one is still in ownership up in Newcastle area and I don't think it's coming back:(

Had two black pyramids in very different conditions and have sold them both. Bummer. The best one is still in ownership up in Newcastle area and I don't think it's coming back:(

I have 3 Black Pyramids now.

1 in Sydney 1 in Newcastle and 1 in Adelaide.

I don’t actually own them, but class them as mine [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk