Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Google Stadia... will it be a game changer or a flop?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2014
    State
    Poodegrah Vic
    Posts
    2,261
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    935 Post(s)

    Google Stadia... will it be a game changer or a flop?

    Just found out about Google Stadia from another thread and found it an interesting read. Google are basically gonna compete with PC gaming and consoles and offer a streaming gaming service like Netflix and others do with movies.

    If online streaming made video hire obsolete, could Stadia make PC gaming and consoles obsolete or can they all live together? Or will it flop?

    The comments section has mixed views.

    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/everythin...google-stadia/

    Thoughts?
    The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    State
    victoria
    Posts
    3,257
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1051 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsUrFeminitzNYImNietYoma View Post
    Just found out about Google Stadia from another thread and found it an interesting read. Google are basically gonna compete with PC gaming and consoles and offer a streaming gaming service like Netflix and others do with movies.

    If online streaming made video hire obsolete, could Stadia make PC gaming and consoles obsolete or can they all live together? Or will it flop?

    The comments section has mixed views.

    https://www.pcgamer.com/au/everythin...google-stadia/

    Thoughts?
    All I can say is more sleepiless nights for you mate. Up playing to the wee hours no doubt

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2014
    State
    Poodegrah Vic
    Posts
    2,261
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quoted
    935 Post(s)

    Quote Originally Posted by pinball god View Post
    All I can say is more sleepiless nights for you mate. Up playing to the wee hours no doubt
    I'm mixed at the moment about it. I'll wait and see how it goes
    The universe is made up of protons, electrons, neutrons and morons.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    State
    Barden Ridge NSW
    Posts
    3,902
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1399 Post(s)
    Google did the Taxi industry wonders didn't it?. Google is simply getting to big and as always when a company gets to big, they acquire what was good, cut funding to it and let it die. Competition is gone and you have no choice but to except the 2nd rate product that only the big company has to offer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2006
    State
    Newy
    Posts
    6,297
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Autosteve View Post
    Google did the Taxi industry wonders didn't it?. Google is simply getting to big and as always when a company gets to big, they acquire what was good, cut funding to it and let it die. Competition is gone and you have no choice but to except the 2nd rate product that only the big company has to offer.
    You would really enjoy the game The Outer Worlds

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    State
    QLD
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    So their intention is to stop good? I'm confused.
    Last edited by THX11; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM. Reason: Typo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    State
    Newy
    Posts
    6,297
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by THX11 View Post
    So their intention is to stop good? I'm confused.
    its a spin on how gaming currently works
    people spend loads buying pc or console hardware. with the stadia model, the workhorse is at the google end, and you are just streaming the game, meaning all you need is high quality internet, and your end device can be cheap
    the issue is how they will deal with latency from both a comms and input point of view
    Last edited by bwodie; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:29 AM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    State
    QLD
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I get that, I for one welcome our new insect overlords

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    State
    SA
    Posts
    44
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwodie
    ... all you need is high quality internet ...
    Aaaaaaand right there is why Google will struggle to get many aussie customers on their shiny new streaming service.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    State
    Newy
    Posts
    6,297
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quoted
    515 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsey View Post
    Aaaaaaand right there is why Google will struggle to get many aussie customers on their shiny new streaming service.
    Yeah, not sure if we are their target audience, I guess they don't really get a choice, as you alluded too haha
    I mean.. when Netflix etc came out, Australia couldn't take advantage of that, so it may only be a matter of time if/when they pull this off. If they choose the right type of games to start with, it could be pretty accessible, but I can't see FPS working from day dot.
    Saying that, its Google, so i'm sure they can innovate whatever they can imagine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. JAVASCRIPT game working on BARTOP Arcade Machine - CAN IT BE DONE?
    By OOO in forum M.A.M.E Emulation Projects and Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14th February 2015, 06:50 AM
  2. Replies: 77
    Last Post: 13th July 2012, 12:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •