Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Next STERN VE

RPZ

Do people know something I don’t? Out of nowhere there are soo many LOTR coming up for sale! Is there a LOTR VE about to be announced?

Ive noticed the same. I like your way of thinking, it would be a well received VE

Do people know something I don’t? Out of nowhere there are soo many LOTR coming up for sale! Is there a LOTR VE about to be announced?

Good chance to grab one if that is what you like. If there is a LOTRVE coming it will cost about $12K or more, maybe pushing the price of the originals up.

We love our original, good game. The new stuff (late model Stern or JJP) is better in my opinion.

I just can't see a lotrve unless they have a bucket load of old whitestar pcbs and parts left over. I always viewed ve releases as stern moving a lot of their surplus spares on.

They’d have to RE make LOTR. New decals, upgrade music, maybe colour DMD! ;) (different type of VE!)

They’d have to RE make LOTR. New decals, upgrade music, maybe colour DMD! ;) (different type of VE!)

I think you're right, so I dunno if that'd mean re coding for say a spike 2 which would then include video or do Sam system but still maybe need to re code. Sure they'll retail at $12k but then stern could do twd or gb and no extra work for $12k. But who knows what will happen.

TWD would be due for a VE???

I think you're right, so I dunno if that'd mean re coding for say a spike 2 which would then include video or do Sam system but still maybe need to re code. Sure they'll retail at $12k but then stern could do twd or gb and no extra work for $12k. But who knows what will happen.

TWD premium VE with cartoon artwork would be nice

Sales for TRON VE would far eclipse any other VE title and they could do something alternate artwork with the animated TRON Disney series, similar to the SW comic version ( not that this would be any more appealing to me).

But I've been told that Disney licencing can be painful to work with, or that's what Stern have implied in the past. I mean, it's been how long since SW was released, almost two years and they still can't release the R2D2 factory topper. So TRON VE might stay locked inside the Disney vault for a very long time to come but I hope I'm proven wrong.

Getting sick of all these cartoon and heavy metal band themed machines

Re do Elvis as a VE and I might actually contemplate buying another new Stern

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree....Not sure on Elvis but....Such a long time ago, 1970 something 7ish from memory.

Also a bit over the big movie action titles.....I know it's been asked before but what else tickles people's Fancy....Red Bull does a heap of stuff but is that No Fear all over again....

We could do a Telecom, Telstra pinball but that would always be ****ed and the complaints over it would be the biggest in the history of pinball. We could tell everyone via the NBN (Non Broadcast Network)

Maybe there is a prominent name in history. How about Ned Kelly (Too Aussie) John Wayne (Still deciding on being John or Wayne) Adolf Hitler (Would be a killer of a game) Albert Einstein (No-one smart enough to design it) Charlie Chaplin (No sound seems to work).....

I still reckon the designers need some mind altering drugs to help invigorate the mind...

Totally agree....Not sure on Elvis but....Such a long time ago, 1970 something 7ish from memory.

Also a bit over the big movie action titles.....I know it's been asked before but what else tickles people's Fancy....Red Bull does a heap of stuff but is that No Fear all over again....

We could do a Telecom, Telstra pinball but that would always be ****ed and the complaints over it would be the biggest in the history of pinball. We could tell everyone via the NBN (Non Broadcast Network)

Maybe there is a prominent name in history. How about Ned Kelly (Too Aussie) John Wayne (Still deciding on being John or Wayne) Adolf Hitler (Would be a killer of a game) Albert Einstein (No-one smart enough to design it) Charlie Chaplin (No sound seems to work).....

I still reckon the designers need some mind altering drugs to help invigorate the mind...

Seems like Tony disagrees... just got, not one but SIX in! Also mentions on his comment that Elvis has been more requested that Addams...

a0731ed002157a06610d388282e75329.jpg

Well Elvis did love Led Zeppelin

... and if he'd put the pharmaceuticals down and eaten the occasional vegetable and some salad ... he'd have been able to hang around a bit longer ... and he would have loved Slayer.

Seems like Tony disagrees... just got, not one but SIX in! Also mentions on his comment that Elvis has been more requested that Addams...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191113/a0731ed002157a06610d388282e75329.jpg

That container has been there for over a week....Most new containers have us guys lining the driveway ready for a biff to see who can load what first...Half a shed empty in no time....

Tony doesn't get requests for The Addams Family as much as he has sold everyone 2 already....

Gidday Big Tony, Say gidday to the missus from Dave....:cool:

A while back Gary Stern said that they had considered vaulting LOTR, but it was complicated dealing with the Warner Brothers licensing department, so he didn't think it would be happening any time soon. That was a few years ago, so they may have worked things out by now. As long as they redo the artwork and sound and maybe add a color display I think a vault LOTR would be a huge hit!

• 2 weeks later...