Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

GRID 2019 by Codemasters

I've been a long term devotee of the GRID Simcade racer franchise from the first game more than 10 years ago, and have spent many hundreds of hours racing online and career modes in Grid and Grid Autosport. (skipped the abomination that was Grid 2)

So i was really keen to finally play the GRID reboot last night after a Win10 rebuild of my gaming PC - just so i could play the damn game, a win10 exclusive.

Haven't put nearly enough laps in to give a review, but thought this wet race looked so beautiful in the replay, that i would do a shaky hand held video of my TV and post it :) Driving a Vintage Nissan 300ZX.

Turn the youtube setting to 1080p for best effect.

https://youtu.be/a33kKhGbv_I

Nice! I have been looking at the trailers and gameplay for Need for Speed Heat and it looks pretty cool too. Graphics on these games have come a long way! Can Grid be played offline? Is it more sim or is there an arcade mode?

Ive got nfs heat believe it or not its got a pretty good story

Nice! I have been looking at the trailers and gameplay for Need for Speed Heat and it looks pretty cool too. Graphics on these games have come a long way! Can Grid be played offline? Is it more sim or is there an arcade mode?

The GRID franchise is more about the offline career progression, with an good online element to it. It's a SIMCADE racer, a 'seat of the pants' fun-based racing game that has it's roots in Arcade racing, more than strict simulation. You still have to race technically correctly to do any good, but you don't get bogged down in endless settings for the car. You build up your garage of cars slowly, earning XP with which you can buy better cars etc, and enter into harder events as you go along.

The last GRID game (Grid Autosport) I am 47 seasons into the Career mode, it's taken me years. The end is in sight but still a hell of a lot of racing left to get there. The offline career mode in Grid is always very deep, which gives an awesome long lasting single player offline challenge.

One feature of this game, that I've not seen in any racing game, is how cool the AI is. If you slam someone you can piss them off, where they will then be automatically turned into a 'nemesis' and their dot on the minimap turns red - and they will be gunning for you - the 'red mist' comes down and they might do some hard charging be not too careful next time they pass you. Very cool feature!

I'm a bit sad they left out Mt Panorama this time and instead put in Sydney Motorsport park as the Australian track. The version of Mt Panorama in Autosport was brilliant, and can only hope they bring it back via DLC later, for this iteration.

@Jed I assume this is the same Grid but on a different platform? I'm not read up on Google Stadia.

40 car mode only on Stadia: https://www.pcgamer.com/au/grid-for-stadia-has-a-40-car-mode-that-isnt-possible-with-other-hardware/

Yep, same game. I dont know anything on Stadia either apart from it being a games streaming service...but i do like the idea of starting at the back of a 40 car pack :)

Forza 7 - Monaro at Bathurst

In my continuing series of trying-out-games-i-have-missed-out-on-till-now cause i have doggedly stuck with Win7.... another Win10 exclusive, Forza 7.

What a racing game. I'm late to this but WOW. it really does beat the new Grid hands down for depth, variety of cars, and variety of tracks, and most importantly, car feel. The dynamic weather is beautiful. Start a race in sunshine, and watch the weather close in to a huge downpour and lightning storm. Where are the flags marshals ?

I've long been a fan of tracks like Le Mans Cirque De La Sarthe, Nordschleife, Spa, Indy. But a racing game without Bathurst, is not a racing game. Forza 7's Bathurst is brilliant.

Here's a single lap of the mountain course in a vintage Monaro. With a great Turn 1 stuffup :D

Here's a single lap of the mountain course in a vintage Monaro. With a great Turn 1 stuffup :D

Very nice Jed. Except for when you came up behind the beautiful silver Charger coming on to Conrod Straight.

When you ran straight up its arse I was glad that you then went in to the tyre wall.

Very nice Jed. Except for when you came up behind the beautiful silver Charger coming on to Conrod Straight.

When you ran straight up its arse I was glad that you then went in to the tyre wall.

In my defense, it was my very first lap playing the game. I couldn't really control the beast too well [emoji5]

My dad had a green charger when i was very young. We called it 'the spewmobile' as it had a faint smell of vomit that just never would go away. ....

But geez if we had kept that car, what they are worth now...