Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Gottlieb Play Pool - 1972 Italian AAB

been saving these n.o.s. #44 globes for the right game.

maybe circa 1980 but they are a hundred times better than what they are making now.

have had the dremel out the last few days. cleaning the inside of the sockets. also the wire brush on these globes.

picked up about 8 boxes of these in a stash of old em parts on gummy a few years back.

Mate, LED Puke it in green. Will look mint :D

have gone as far as possible on the playfield without a new pbr order which I will email off tomorrow.

need springs, rebuild kits, new targets, coil stops etc. to finish the flipper, drop target and pop bumper mechs.

going to start on rebuilding the head unit next.

also sanded back timber rails and refinished, look so much better now.

20191118_192218.thumb.jpg.9521402e2a835bd5f1dc4feb405f302a.jpg

20191118_192349.thumb.jpg.8cdbcf8e2a54962bac6c2f36143a4205.jpg

What do you go over on this Tony? Adjust relays, clean the contacts, lubricate motor?

Sent from my AGM A8 using Tapatalk

also tighten all the switch stacks, check every point, wire connection, clean the 'female' side of the jones plugs and fully pull apart and rebuild the stepper unit (not in photo).

Tony, about the earliest I worked on was around the last of the split front door machines like Doutron, Big Brave, Wild Life etc. Are these earlier machines like Play Pool much different in there circuitry?. I always found the last Gottlieb EMs far easier to work on compared to the earlier stuff I had previously worked on because the factory seemed to simplify a lot of the electrics over time.

cab stripped.

have seen some pretty original cabinet repaints in my time but this is up there.

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156546

https://www.aussiearcade.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=156547

If using tape for your straight lines Tony, recommend this tape. Still sealed the edges to be on the safe side. ;)

frog1.thumb.jpg.ed9a3938355cf512201451bb1afe1bde.jpg frog2.thumb.jpg.f0160b97a0cfb26d3536c6f89775f948.jpg

Is that kickout hole mech one prior to Gottlieb fitting the spring to stop the ball launching or has it been changed for a spring to hard?. My understanding was the spring was fitted to stop exactly that from happening. It never stopped it completely as seen on machines like Pinball Pool but I thought it went a long way to slowing it down. Gotta admit, that kickout hole is throwing that ball a long way.