Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Rockola 450 Gripper Adjustment

Patti

Question

Hi, Thanks for letting me post! I have a Rockola 450 that I have been using for a long time. I have been using the service and troubleshooting manuals and I have replaced the tonearm switch, the idler wheel and got a rebuilt amplifier. It worked well for a long time. Recently the gripper would put the record back but the magazine would not engage. I oiled the gripper but it turns out the #1 microswitch was not making contact so I cleaned it and now it works perfectly. However, the gripper looks out of alignment and is not gripping all records properly so my manual shows there is an adjustment to the read-out carriage by turning a screw along with a drawing that will adjust it to the center but I cannot figure out which screw to turn as none of the ones I can see look like what the manual is talking about. If anyone has this machine or any machine from the 447 through 452 and can point it out I would so appreciate it. Also now the stylus is hitting the gripper arm when returning. So there's that problem. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated as I really have no one around who can repair it for me. Pictures would really help as I am seriously winging it as far as repair go. Thank you so much.

1 answer to this question