Due to a large amount of spamers, accounts will now have to be approved by the Admins so please be patient. ×
IGNORED

Flintstones Pinball power outage

RobS

Question

Hi all,

I’m new to the pinball game just recently purchasing my first machine in September... The Flintstones

Awesome game & plays really well. The last couple of days though I started having intermittent power outages... the first time I though we had just had a mini blackout... it turned off & 2 sec later turned back on.

Over the next couple of day it’s become more & more frequent to the extent today I shuts down every time I hit one of flippers.

Any advice/tips or reason this happening would be much appreciated...

9 answers to this question

They say you need to replace the bridge rectifiers on the driver board and solder a few wires as a backup to the trace wires going to and from these components etc.

But if it was me, I'd check cable connection 101 I think to see if it is burnt and if so replace it or simply reseat it and see how you go. Someone can correct me about the connector as my eyesight is stuffed atm and cannot check shit like this

• Administrators

Yep Check J101(Look for burning on this connector) and J114 and the equivalent connector on the CPU board. Get a multimeter and measure the voltage at the CPU board if it's below 5 volts you've got an issue.

Easiest place to merasure the 5 volts from on the CPU board is the Axial capacitor @ C31. Usually I'd do 22ohm resistor trick to boost the 5 volts but now I just replace the tired Lm323 with a modern switch mode equivalent https://www.ezsbc.com/index.php/psu5.html#.Xb5c2NVS-Uk

These are adjustable, don't need a heat sink and work great.

I changed the AA batts in it just before the problems occurred... this wouldn’t cause the issue would it?

Also... no burnt out connectors/wires or anything that looks bad which I’m guessing is a good thing

I changed the AA batts in it just before the problems occurred... this wouldn’t cause the issue would it?

Also... no burnt out connectors/wires or anything that looks bad which I’m guessing is a good thing

I'm not aware batteries will cause this. Just unplug those connectors and reconnect. Sometimes the connection is poor and you lose the voltage. Otherwise you may need to do some board repairs re rectifiers etc

Your power cord hasn't dislodged a little from where it plugs into the cabinet has it? turn on the game and wiggle the cord a bit. Try this before delving into any component replacement. It;s a long shot because it should be anchored but I have come across this as a fault before.

I'm not aware batteries will cause this. Just unplug those connectors and reconnect. Sometimes the connection is poor and you lose the voltage. Otherwise you may need to do some board repairs re rectifiers etc

Problem solved thanks pinball god... was a lose connector on the j101... it’s always the simple things right